Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [DGDK 2.0] DarkShader support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 13:28
I recently found myself in need of some functions that I believe are part of the dark shader library (namely getObjectEffect, releaseEffectPointer and setEffectConstantVectorElement).

It seems darkshader.dll is included when I run the "rebuild dgdkengine.dll" tool, but I can't seem to find any header / wrapper source files to go with it. I think DarkShader is a pretty big product that should probably have been included so I wonder if I have just missed it / maybe it's named something weird?
It doesn't seem to be created when running the "rebuild headers" tool either.

I know I can just wrap the thing myself, but since there are no proper help files for it I'd rather save myself the bother if it's already solved, so just throwing it out there

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
The following commands are defined in 3D.gdt template:

Suppose you can simply uncomment them and rebuild the headers/dll. Whether they work or not that's a different story.

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 14:48
Ah, thanks

Now the only problem (so far, haven't tried to use them yet) is that setEffectConstantVectorElement relies on a standard DBPro vector ID rather than a Vector4 pointer. And as it stands its not possible to create such vectors... I guess I'll have to look at the core plugin's string tables to see if I can wrap some calls to do that myself.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 18:06 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2012 18:06
I hope there will be a way to use such commands in RC5.

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:47:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:47:57