Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sending multiplayer messages between clients via Internet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 17:13 Edited at: 9th Aug 2012 17:18
Hello,
maybe anybody knows:
is it possible using the standard DarkGDK multiplayer commands to send messages direct between clients and not via the server/host in internet (in LAN it's no problem, of course) ?
The clients are normaly all connected to the server, but to save time for some important messages, some of them should be send direct between clients.
Are the clients knowing the IP addresses of the other clients to do this work (probably from the server/host) by default or not ?

Thanks for help, it will save me a lot of troubles to figure it out !
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 00:52
I think you would just have to run a separate "server" on every client and then have them connect between each other to achieve this. The IP address / port data would have to be transmitted by the (main) server, suggestedly when a new client connects (to the main server).

Of course it depends what kind of networking library you are looking to use I guess; some might have P2P support built in from the start.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:07:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:07:36