Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Who's making a racer?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 14:28
Who's making a car/truck/bike racer around here, that's actually likely to be finished? I want to write music for 'em! Only thing is, I wanna see physics! They don't have to be amazing, cos I know it's hard. I've tried enough of my own car physics demos.

But anyway, a decent racer would definitely be cool, and would suit my music to a T. Anyone know anyone making one?

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 14:57
Well, I'm making a game involving vechiles (but not cars) and whilst I can see it being a race to win, its not around a track.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Mirrors are more fun than television.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 15:08
Do elaborate my good man!

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 15:19
It's not quite the same genre but the music for Transfusion needs something 'racey' and is not definately confirmed yet.

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 15:26
Well, the idea is to run over a set number of times before a time limit runs out. Run over the minimum required and its off to the next level, otherwise its ta ta player.

I've got the basics of the game up and running (although it does have a nasty effect on poor old richardneil's machine). At the moment I'm working on player name entry and craft selection.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Mirrors are more fun than television.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 15:26
Clever game idea. Reminds me of Inner Space, which was a quality film in its day. Says Tamir Erez is writing music for it though. I'm not complaining, I'm not exactly sitting here twiddling my thumbs looking for something to do. I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for a project that would suit my music and have the game play and visuals that the music lends itself to.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 18:47:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 18:47:00