Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What modelling package do u use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2003 21:43
BTW:Good one,your respect.

Like I always said,I am not your friend at all.

...And I'm gone...
klariza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 02:50
what a lovely brewing debate we have ere lol

*wonders if she'll win respect from Raven with her art work*

*realises that he'll need to wait a little while b4 he sees anything good*

*is not going to get involved in this debate as it has gone over her head*

*does know who gollum is as she has watched both lotr and is looking forward to the third one*

I am obsessed by Toasters - especially talking ones...bizaare really isn't it?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 06:23
well i've emailed him... and he did dobbie too i've found, which is interesting because this is ANOTHER SoftimageXSI attributed creation - and he also mentions that they were created in the same program.

but i'll see in a few days when he gets back to me, eh

as for my respect Act, you don't need to be my friend to gain my respect ... i respect Indi's modelling and texturing talents, doesn't mean we have to be chums about it.

you ever wanted to be my friend you'd have to do one hell of alot more than simply gain my respect, i don't friend people i don't trust.

^_^ lol klariza, yeah is best to stick out of these arguments as a general rule - last thing you wanna do is cross people around here, i'm probably going to get a good few days of people taking pot shots at me for this, like normal. i've already noticed a few.

i might suggest a good place to become a member as an artist is this place GFXArtist.com .. it is a very nice and friendly atmosphere where you can display work.

been working on some establishment peices to regain a nice position within the site again. Have a new account, be interesing to see how people treat newbies again. A recently talent that i've got my hands on and hope top shape is Malia, a new artist on GFXArtist but she does some fantastic work.

http://raven.puffinteractive.com/fallenangel_1280.jpg thats her first digital work, which for a first piece - blew me away.

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!
900mhz | 256mb | FX5200Ti 52.16 | Dx9 | WXP-Pro
klariza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 15:16
thats is brilliant, i really do like that lady.
i can understand how her piece of artwork blew u away - and thats her first piece
*is still in awe when she walks off*
and ty for the link btw

I am obsessed by Toasters - especially talking ones...bizaare really isn't it?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 00:43
well i have a knack for finding the little diamonds, have quite a few girls and guys who i talk to now that i help out and talk to alot about thier digital artwork.

not unselfishly, cause i mean i tend to learn alot from thier techniques so as you can imagine i get a pretty good and broader knowlage as a result

Be interesting to find out over the next few months how your skills are, always good to see someone with a little spark towards the arts ^_^
if you need any more information about certain sites specifically for certain products, i know a few good 'ens for all sorts.

DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
"you don't even model the same way"

let me guess.. you haven't tried any of the nendo-based modellers. i've used nendo and wings, and believe me -- they are, for all intents and purposes, identical. i don't see how someone can't see the similarities. no wait there are no similarities -- because they're not similar -- they're IDENTICAL. only thing is that wings now has some more tools than nendo.

of course we're wrong tho. we can't possibly be right. we're pointless.

"you ever wanted to be my friend you'd have to do one hell of alot more than simply gain my respect"

like.. never argue with you even when you're obviously wrong?

stop looking at me!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 05:36
i've tried them... and if you model the same way in them then your missing ALOT of the tools they have on offer.

The tools, the data access, the modelling setup ... they are not the same for one Wings3D is one hell of alot more complex than Nendo is - it also have better mesh access and editing facilities.

Not to mention the controls are completely different, though i suppose being a smartass you didn't notice that.

DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
"Not to mention the controls are completely different"

if by that you mean the camera -- you can set the camera control scheme you want to use in the options. mirai, nendo, maya, max, blender, and motionbuilder are the available options. not to mention you can set any key to any menu option, making the whole UI customizeable.

though i suppose being a smartass you didn't notice that.

stop looking at me!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 05:58
no i don't mean the camera... i mean the ENTIRE program control.

Quote: "not to mention you can set any key to any menu option, making the whole UI customizeable"

that isn't customiseable UI, thats Customisable Shortcuts...
and to be honest i dispise a program that uses almost pure shortcuts.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 18:26:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 18:26:51