Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Milkshape crashing ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2003 01:46
This aint really a modelling related question, cos it's probably an OS thing. Milkshape crashes before it even starts on my computer. It used to work, but now it doesnt. Fresh installs make no difference. Installing newer versions makes no difference, so I'm guessing there has to be a corrupt file in my operating system somewhere.

Anyone got any ideas? Here's the error (usual windows thing):
ms3d.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Details:
AppName: ms3d.exe AppVer: 1.6.0.4 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 735f4e49

To clarrify, this is on loading. I click to start it (no matter what version, with a fresh install) and before anything is displayed, this pops up.

Any ideas? Does milky use directX? Should I reinstall that? Don't suggest an OS reinstall. Far too much effort to back-up everything.

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2003 02:07
I had this - you need to get the MESA OpenGL Drivers from the Milkshape site. Download, copy to the Milkshape directory, voila.

Cheers,

Rich

"It's easy to be mean when death equals a high score screen."
"You can take your Quake and go away, I'd rather play Bubble Bobble any day."
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2003 03:35
Nice one. Will check it out now. Is this as a result of me installing one of those superb windows updates?

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2003 03:38
Worked fine btw. Thanks for that. Suppose I should've read the big "MILKSHAPE CRASHES??!?!" message at the top of their download page.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 18:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 18:26:31