Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / AC3D with DARKGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, i would be happy if somebody helps me by the following problem.
I like everything of AC3D but i got a problem if i export my object and import it in the dark gdk engine. i guess this is a problem from AC3D and i try to explain:

The texture flickers always, if i put a surface over another. I have attached a picture, because it´s difficult to explain.
I could not find a solution for this problem, has anybody had the same problem and can help me?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2012 15:33
Are there more than 1 surfaces overlapping?

Did you export to .X or .3DS?

TheComet

"if you don't understand recursion than you probably don't understand recursion." ~Jerico2day
sprcoll
Years of Service
User Offline
I export as an x-file and md2. By the md2 i have load the texture separately in the dark gdk engine but the texture flickers there, too.

by the position that flickers there are two surfaces, 1. the surface from the roof and then the surface from the side.

maybe i could send you this file, so you could see what´s wrong.

thank you for help.
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 00:01
I suggest in AC3D, set the selector to "faces" and then click on the roof section and delete it. If there is a surface underneath the roof, then you should see it. If so, that is what you need to delete, the underlying surface that is causing the interference.
sprcoll
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your post. I have tried it as you has described but it doesn´t work. Every part of my object has one surface. So if i wan´t to draw the object as shown, i can´t reduce it anymore.
Maybe, is there a failure in my dark gdk? The Object only flickers if i scroll forward and backward. I scroll with the camera-position.
I have this problem now for 2 weeks and have tried so much but i could not find a solution.

Would you load a simple ac3d file to your ac3d and look what is wrong?
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2012 01:46 Edited at: 10th Sep 2012 01:47
I'b be happy to take a look at your model and see anything jumps out at me. I've been using AC3D and created a very elaborate airport model with 50+ buildings and trees and all kinds of things. So, just attach it (the AC3D model) and I'll download it and see what it looks like on my end.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2012 14:20
The problem you're describing sounds very much like Z-fighting, which suggests you have two identical meshes at the same spot.

I'd also like to look at your model to see if I can locate the problem.

TheComet

"Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep." - Unknown
sprcoll
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the AC3D file and the texture. As described above the object exactly flickers at the position where the side of the roof that´s longer meets the side of the box and only if i scroll forward and backward with the camera position.

I will be very happy if somebody find the thing that is wrong.

Attachments

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2012 06:07
The model you posted doesn't look like the one you posted originally. But it does appear that the vertical walls are interferring with the roof surface. It appears the roof surface could be raised just a little bit.
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2012 06:32
I've made a little bit of a change to your texture mapping, and added a corrugated steel roof instead of brick.

I raised the roof just a tad bit to see if the interference quits.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:35:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:35:06