Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / hello new member here

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
what are the best programs to create a 3rd person beat 'em up ala Double Dragon etc?
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 17:47
The depends on which programs you need. Do you need to create, texture, rig, animate models or do you need a 3d game engine or a SDK?

What's your target platform, skill level etc?

All browsers should come with compulsory spell checks.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 18:34
Well, welcome new person.

I agree, it would depend on a lot of things. I would say what you want to do is possible with Dark Basic Pro and you can use all sorts of free tools to help create the content, but what kind skill level are we looking at? Because making a game isn't necessarily easy work, there's ways of making things simple, such as using tools that do a lot of work for you (like Dark Basic Pro) but I can't think of anything that would be useful to make such a game without hardwork. I do not know your skill level nor do I know what kind of thing you're expecting from an engine or SDK.

As far as Engines and SDKs there's a whole wealth out there, different tools doing things differently. So I think the answers really depend on you, so maybe you could offer us some more information just so we can then offer you some recommendations?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 02:49
Welcome Newcomer

As above, please tell us a little about yourself...

I was playing that game not but a week ago the SNES versions...

I would say, use AppGameKit as it looks as you wish to create 2D games... but if you plan to make that game in 3D... woo have you got your work cut out...

But yes please give us more, we promise not to bite

I would also like to hear how you came about to know of The Game Creators

I came to know of them through the 2008 NVidia PhysX Tech Demos...

BoukenComics
Years of Service
User Offline
A little about myself... Right, why not?

My name is Gabriel, I'm the founder of Infinity Comics (facebook.com/InfinityComicsGroup) and I am looking to make a game using our property as a form of promotion for my manga imprint, Bouken Comics. Bouken is japanese for adventure incidentally.

AGK you say? Thank you! I will look into this!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 22:43
Sorry bobochobo I missed you out...

BoukenComics -

Indeed, Glad to help, AppGameKit will allow you to distribute to Multi Platforms as well as Windows, so Windows, Mac, Mobile Platforms...

I shall keep an eye on your works

You may have noticed my company name I plan to reintroduce the Katakana text again soon...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:00:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:00:00