Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Streamline Collada Animation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 12:48
I currently use 3DWS(levels), Leadwerks(engine), and Zbrush(all models) for a project. This is the most streamline pipeline I could find, but can't find anything for animating the collada models from zbrush, before converting to gmf with the leadwerks tool..

I have humanoid and vehicle models I need to animate. Online pay services, and one dated+buggy zscript plugin, zanimator, are all I can find. Most animation tools are either bloated+expensive or don't support collada import/export..

Something where I can import/export collada and rig and edit based on an easy keyframe UI would be nice.. any ideas?
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2012 23:08 Edited at: 24th Sep 2012 23:21
Blender imports and exports collada and does animation(plus its free). And if you need help learning the animation part check out www.blendercookie.com they have been real helpful to me.
If you use rigify almost all the hard work of rigging is done for you the only thing you would have to do other then animating it would be fitting the skeleton to your model in edit mode(not hard at all.)

But if you got $1,200.00 in your pocket and want a good alternative solution try modo 601(I will be buying my copy here soon.).

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 13:13
3ds max imports and exports collada!

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2012 10:45
i think fragmotion does also.

Greenster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 11:45
I actually found a tool called Qavimator that has the perfect UI for animation, but only does fixed-model humanoid BHAV animations you have to adjust.

Fragmotion seems the best out of these. The rest have messy UI and settings you have to learn. I've used Blender and 3Dmax before, they are full mode/animate/texture solutions with panels for everything to do with 3d math..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:23:11