Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / very easy (not 4 me he he)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have a matrix and i want to have a back ground say of mountains or a sky some thign like that how would i go about doing it please help!!!!!!! im desperate

DB RULES!
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2003 01:09
well, you could 1) texture the backdrop...that might work...
2) you could use a skybox or a skysphere

hope i helped....if you have questions on either than post again

bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
BB9 Brad
Years of Service
User Offline
well the problem is ive either used texture backdrop wrong or it downt work and i dont no how to use a sky box or sphere i do have dark matter and im using dark basic classic! thnks for helping me

DB RULES!
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2003 01:30
np

well, a skybox and a skysphere are just big spheres and boxes that are textures inside....all you have to do is lode it up and fiddle with scaling it so that it covers where your game takes place....i would suggest the skysphere as that is my personal favorite....

Good luck,
Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
BB9 Brad
Years of Service
User Offline
so would it be wise to set an object collision with the object and the sphere? this way you cant go through it? is this a good idea or will it cause problems

DB RULES!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2003 14:55
It will cause problems. Because you are always inside the sphere/box, you will always register a collision with it, so swicth collision off for the sphere/box.

Just keep the sphere/box centred on your current position and you won't have any visual problems with it
BB9 Brad
Years of Service
User Offline
o thanks as ha graphical problems such as part of the sky turning 100% blue! eg the back drop lol thanks bishop and IanM

DB RULES!
BB9 Brad
Years of Service
User Offline
argh ive tried but im not sure how to keep the sky sphere with the object can some one show me?

DB RULES!
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2003 21:34
make variables that show the player object position and position the sphere or cube where the object is....that may be the effect you looking for...

good luck,
Bishop

BB9 Brad
Years of Service
User Offline
arghhh dude! im not sure if that will work cos say on my matrix if i had a ramp for the bike wouldnt the ramp just disapear and apear through the sky? here is my code any help is great as im totaly confused!

poor coding he he i no! lol

DB RULES!
BB9 Brad
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I really want to know how to do these sky spheres thingys so could some please please please either show me how with some explanation or lead me to a tutorial?

DB RULES!
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 01:48
here's a rudimental example...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:48:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:48:50