Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / sdk not recognising java se kit

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ive tries to install the sdk from android but when i start it the software says i dont have jave se when ive installed it 6 times.. why doesnt it work? and how can i fix it?

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2012 20:42
You have to have the Java installed. That is separate from the Android sdk. Installing the Android sdk does NOT automagically install Java.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
ive installed java the sdk software sais it cant find java

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 20:41
Is c:\java\jre\bin directory in your path? (adjust c:\java to be whatever directory you installed Java in)

And do you see the c:\java\jdk directory? (again adjust the first part for your actual installation)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
yes they are both there but stil wont recognise it

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 23:01
If you open a Windows command prompt window and type in 'javac', does it come back with instructions about using the command (help page)?

You open a Windows command line window by pressing the windows 'button' on the screen, type 'command' into the 'Search programs and files' and click on 'Command Prompt'.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
no, it doesnt recognise it

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 23:40 Edited at: 29th Sep 2012 23:42
Then you either don't have the Java development setup (SDK) installed, or you don't have your path set up to recognize it.

Do you get help text if you type just 'java' in the command window? If not, then you either do not have Java installed at all or don't have the path set up.

This guide does not appear to talk about installing the core Java setup directly. It only mentions that you might need the Java JDK. It should specify that you need to have that installed first.

Go to this page and get the Java JDK (use the SE 6 one). It will take a few steps, but then you should have Java installed and hopefully the rest of it will work for you.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
java brings up text but no instructions

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2012 19:05
Then it appears that you probably have Java installed. So, perhaps all you need to do is install the Java SDK (my second link in my previous post).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2012 19:19
You may need to set an environment path variable so that system knows where Java is installed unless everything is installed in default directories.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2012 19:59
I suppose that if you have downloaded the Oracle/SUN SDK with the Windows installer (not zip files), the environment variable is set by the installer itself.
Otherwise: My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables, and then set PATH and CLASSPATH variables.
I have got the following settings (Java 7):
PATH= <OTHER PATHS>;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin;<OTHER PATHS>
I did not included other path for QTJava or JavaFX that I do not use (or maybe some program uses).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 09:22:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 09:22:23