Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3d motive tutorials, any good?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 17:33
I am asking because I'm considering subscribing, however 22$ is a bit much if it turns out its all crap, i'm asking mostly because i'm curious in this one:
http://www.3dmotive.com/training/photoshop/hand-painted-weapon-texturing/?follow=true

Is it any good?

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Frap
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 20:25
Search youtube or google there are tons of tutorials out there, save you money. remember practice, practice and practice thats how you learn and get better. Post your results online and listen to the feed back your given, after a while you will get to learn who is giving the best advice. Try more advanced forums as well, yeah they will beat you up a little but you will get stronger for it.

Try sketching as well, take a piece of paper and pencil then sketch an object. Learning how to SEE an object will help you more than you will realise. For some this comes naturally others need to work at it as it did with me. This was the single most important lesson I was given and at first I thought they where talking sh*t as well. Try it.

Just trying and learning from your own mistakes is a much better way of learning, in art there really are not that many short cuts.

Portfolio
My Blog
Available for weddings, bah mitz fers, funerals and freelance work.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2012 01:49
You may have to dig a bit but polycount has quite a few tutorials on hand painted textures. Some threads, some links, lots of good stuff though

Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
3dmotive is 100% worth the money. I watched most of the videos and I've learned a ton. And if you dont want a subscription you can simply buy the ones youre most interested in

banner.jpg
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 18:28
Quote: " And if you dont want a subscription you can simply buy the ones youre most interested in"

I can? I didnt see any option for it O_o

Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
goto the downloads tab on the top

banner.jpg
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2012 02:48 Edited at: 7th Oct 2012 03:14
Woah, expensive...

Is there really any reason NOT to have a subscription? If I just want one tutorial, a 1 month subsctiption seems cheaper...

however, I guess i cant download them then, so.. thats not very good

Edit: what I think I wanna do is get that tutorial <buy it> and if i do find it great, and i find other stuff that i want - i might subscribe..

William80
Years of Service
User Offline
Helpfull link thanks...

[url=http:// whattodo-whenyourbored.com]Things to do when your bored[/url]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:28:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:28:55