Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] No Hope (Zombiewave-Survival)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 18:56 Edited at: 18th Oct 2012 15:40

FPSC Version: 1.20 Beta

Release: Hopefully December 2012

---GAMEPLAY---

No Hope will be a fan game based on the Call of Duty World at War & Black Ops Zombiemode.

There are endless waves of zombies and they get more and stronger each wave.
By killing a zombie you get 100 points which allow you to buy 2 different weapons directly from the wall, use the random weapon box, buy 2 different perks (SafetySoda for more Health, RageRootbeer for 30% more damage and higher accuracy) or even upgrade your weapon to get a special version of it.

Since I will be using FPSC to create this game I had to simplify the concept by limiting the map to one squarish room, but I try to make it as enjoyable as possible

---SCREENSHOTS---

There are 3 entrances in the map where the zombies can get into the room, if walking out of the room you get kille dinstantly

Progress so far:

Done=
WIP=
Not started=

Map design
HUDs
Audio
Cash System
Wave System
Zombies (AI, Textures, Shader)
Weapons
Random Weapon Box
Safety Soda
Rage Rootbeer
Weapon Upgrade
BUG FIXING

Official IndieDB Page of the game:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/no-hope-zombie-survival
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2012 05:33
this is looking really good.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2012 16:56
Quote: "this is looking really good."

Thank you

I just finished the map design (Only thing missing is the weapon upgrade yet but I'll find something )

I integrated a CoD style health system I found somewhere on the forums, started working on the ragerootbeer machine and implemented conjureds cash system (of course customised by myself).

By the way I have 1 new screenshot to show, since its limited to this 1 room, most screenies might almost look the same but I found this one pretty awesome.
It shows off the viral outbreak shader on the zombie with glowing red eyes pretty well^^

kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2012 23:51
If you need help with anything feel free to ask me Game looks good so far

This man with long tail just popped out and said Spagett!... It was not scary, It was just abnormal.
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 07:17
Quote: " If you need help with anything feel free to ask me. Game looks good so far"

Thank you

Well only thing I currently need is some Kind of weapon upgrade machine, other things are working pretty well
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 15:21 Edited at: 18th Oct 2012 15:37
Sorry for the double post, just wanted to say that I now fully implemented both Perk Drinks (Safety Soda and Rage Rootbeer).
I also added a nice bottle-open sound followed by a loud buuuuuuuurp

By the way get sure to check out the page for the game on IndieDB:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/no-hope-zombie-survival
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 01:11 Edited at: 27th Oct 2012 01:12
Sorry for the tripple post, but since I don't want to let this thread die and I got no more replies I just thought it was time for a little update.
I'm currently adding the weapons to the game and soon the upgraded stronger version of each of them.
Also I have to import the chugshot from X10 into X9 since I plan this to get my 1-hit kill everything in sight-weapon whose scripts I already wrote.

Weapon list:

Scorpion
Saw
MP5
LRSR
M9
Desert Eagle
M1014
M700
MAC11
G36
Ak74
Unmaker (The OP Gun)

I also made 2 screenshots to show of the Ak74 while fighting the undead, and the Wepaon Upgrade machine Lotgd made for me (BIG thanks to him!).
I just have to change the logo, I dont wanna get copyright issues

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 05:26 Edited at: 27th Oct 2012 05:27
Always enjoy seeing a Zombies clone. If you're looking for one, I posted a better, though unfinished, version of the weapons box model I made originally in this thread, if you find it useful.

Quote: "I just have to change the logo, I dont wanna get copyright issues"

Is that the actual model and texture/map from the game? Because if it is, you'll have to change more than that, unfortunately.

Kravenwolf

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 06:17
You are putting on a good game.
I did not understand, has only one room ? Only 1 map with 1 single room? in that case, even if there is only one map, you can not do more than one room?

Quote: "Is that the actual model and texture/map from the game?"

Model,texture/tmap is made by me, only the 2 logos are taken from the game.

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 11:54 Edited at: 27th Oct 2012 12:04
Quote: " If you're looking for one, I posted a better, though unfinished, version of the weapons box model I made originally in this thread, if you find it useful."

Thank you for the tip

Quote: " Only 1 map with 1 single room? in that case, even if there is only one map, you can not do more than one room?"

I would love to do a much bigger map but there are 2 problems:
1. I only let 6 zombies be active at a time, more zombies would cause the game to lag and a big map with 6 zombies wuld be much to easy.
2. The zombies are just to stupid, they would get stuck in a rooms corner till the player enters it which would be extremly boring.
I wanted to make their pathfinding more intelligent but my old DarkAI zombie script doesnt work anymore on 1.20

EDIT: ok I now have a clue on how to make them follow the Player instead of just heading towards him, now bu there is only the Problem with the Memory cap, I just have this Single room but I already hit the 1.65 gb and I dont think I can add that mich more until I hit the Limit.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 07:46
Okay you and all take this tip. fpsc memory is mostly used by texture and models in the game. you have way to many weapons. cut back on the weapons. your game should have no more than one to three.your lightmap should be 20.use only one type of zombie.more textures more memory.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 09:53
Quote: "your game should have no more than one to three."

I think that cutting on the weapons is a good idea, but 3 seems far too less for this kind of game.

And I would use couple of different zombies, it's not too many so that the cap would be going all crazy, but it's not only one, where you just get the feeling of fighting clones.

My lightmap quality is on 16. And in the setup.ini remember to put "systemmemorycapoff" to 1, so that you'll have 2gb of memory available (I think it's 2gb, but anyways, it's more than when you have systemmemorycapoff=0).

But the game looks neat as of now, good job!

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 10:47
I have the lightmapquality always at 50 which might consume lots of memory, but I really want that quality.
And MetalDevil is right, for this kind of game you need all these weapons, but you will only be able to have 1 at a time.

I found out what consumed all the memory, the perk machines from Gencheff Nö idea why, no I only have 800mb of memory used.

I also changed the zombie AI to DarkAI and I will add some more rooms, the only problem is that 6 DarkAI zombies at a time make the game lag as hell.
Any ideas?
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 12:51
Quote: "I have the lightmapquality always at 50 which might consume lots of memory, but I really want that quality."

Well that's tough love, as with that quality, you're never gonna be able to make anything bigger than a couple of rooms, if you want some gameplay going there also. I'd say that you should lower your lightmap quality, maybe 50 looks amazing, but that's pretty much too high. And look at Wolf's projects, he uses lightmap quality around 15-20 I think, and he's games are one of the best looking (if not THE best looking) around.

Just my thoughts. If you want to try and work around the high lightmap quality, then by all means do, it's just that I haven't found a way around it.

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 13:34 Edited at: 28th Oct 2012 13:36
Well my problem now isn't the memorycap, I have massive Problems running the game at a fps of more than 60 with 4 DarkAi Zombies, without I can have 6 at a time running with 130, but they'd be to stupid to navigate through rooms.
Any ideas?

P.S: Screenies of the new levellayout will be posted tomorrow!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:17:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:17:49