Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / So... Where can I buy X10 now.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 23:36
I've been wanting it for a while now, I love the visuals, and the features on it.

But, where can I get a copy? I've been using x9 for a few years now, and I love the features of x10, and by the looks of it, I don't think X10 features will ever be integrated into x9, and I'm not so sure if FPSCR or FPSC2 would be any different.

So....Where can I buy FPSC X10 now? Without the option of being a pirate...

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 00:31
you can't sorry bro. I wanted to get it too. Well maybe ebay but idk.

This man with long tail just popped out and said Spagett!... It was not scary, It was just abnormal.
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 04:15
Ok, I'll just have to wait then. I won't even try ebay though.

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 19:46 Edited at: 19th Oct 2012 19:46
I don't know if it will ever be available again, you could always drop a note to Rick or Lee, see if they've still got any plans of bringing this back as a digital item. I'm sure if there's enough interest, they'll consider it.

3DS friend code: 0044-2895-5474
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 23:46
So here's something...

I have a client who represents a particular section of a particular military and they are very interested in using x10 as a tool for environment and scenario prototypes. It's gonna be a real bummer when I have to tell them at the end of my tutorial that they can't get it... I wonder if they would have any luck getting TGC to sell x10 again. Who knows?
yohan12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 10:54
Quote: "So here's something...

I have a client who represents a particular section of a particular military and they are very interested in using x10 as a tool for environment and scenario prototypes. It's gonna be a real bummer when I have to tell them at the end of my tutorial that they can't get it... I wonder if they would have any luck getting TGC to sell x10 again. Who knows? "

Well that's a shame, I guess they will have to use an inferior engine such as the cryengine 3 or UDK....

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 20:09
Quote: "I have a client who represents a particular section of a particular military and they are very interested in using x10 as a tool for environment and scenario prototypes. It's gonna be a real bummer when I have to tell them at the end of my tutorial that they can't get it... I wonder if they would have any luck getting TGC to sell x10 again. Who knows? "

Sounds like satire.

Refer them to X9 then... I assume that an "army", especially a particular one, should be able to get down how to get X10'ish graphics in it. If not, I'll doubt they know how to hold a gun.

and as yohan12 pointed out... for "environment and scenario prototypes" an other engine is much better.

-Wolf

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 21:12
@srealist

Go ahead and email me at GM_Acid@darkformentertainment.com

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 19:49
@yohan12 and Wolf, the team that wants it is not going to ever learn something like UDK or CryEngine. They want to be able to drag and drop set assets into an environment and demonstrate scenarios rapidly. Not saying this can't be done with the other engines but I've yet to see anything as immediately approachable as x10 while also producing reasonably good looking scenes. I'm talking about a team of maybe 30 engineers who have never made a game in their lives - and in fact, they aren't looking to make games so much as they are looking to create playable environments (i.e. individual scenarios).

But anyway, my point being, they really liked what they saw when they came through my lab and it's a shame the product is no longer available. Perhaps they would be better off with something else regardless but it would be nice to have the option.

@Soviet176, will do!
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 19:56
Quote: "If not, I'll doubt they know how to hold a gun"

lol...I doubt these folks have ever held guns. Maybe on their own time but they are not soldiers - more like industrial engineers.
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
At Amazon, there seem to be like 5 copies (unused) available, still.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B001F2S0P4/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
noticed all the star ratings are 5/5 for it on euro amazon

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 04:39
Dang it! I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't explain either!
I feel overwhelmed!
My parents got my FPSC x9 when I turned 12, with a bunch of model packs!
I haven't made a single game!
I can't just get x10, I'll feel bad! I had x9 for almost 5 years now!
I CAN'T STAY WITH AN IDEA!
I have one now, but I got to beat Doom 3, I just bought M&B:warband, My brother got me The Witcher, which I still got to try!

OH NO!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:35:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:35:59