Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Stuck between 4 bitmaps and one matrix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Having lost all of my hair trying to figure it out on my own I now on hands and knees come to the "source" with my question.
I have 4 bitmaps and one matrix 2X2. I want to put the image of bitmap one into the upper left matrix square, bitmap two in the upper right square, etc. Every way I write the code all of the squares have the last bitmap entered. No trouble getting the bitmaps and displaying them on the matrix. Just can't "paint" each square the way I want. No trouble in making the matrix or camera to see what I have made.
Sleet
Years of Service
User Offline
If you have a program where you can mess with the bitmaps why don't you find a way to piece all of the bitmaps into one. Then load that new bitmap and I think it might work

There is probably a way to code it the way you want to do it but I am pretty new too, either way if all else fails you can make 4 matricies , bitmap them, and then use the position bitmap command to put them all in their place
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 14:58
Currently, matrixes can only be textured with a single bitmap that's been divided into tiles using the prepare texture command.

So join them together
Sleet
Years of Service
User Offline
wow, I can't believe I had the right idea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:37:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:37:05