Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Function Flicker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, whenever I assign something to draw to the screen based on a function, I always get this annoying flicker. For instance, taking Phaelax's menu code from the snippets board, it always seems to flicker whenever I call it on top of a 3d design of any sort.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem?

I've supplied an .exe and some snippets from the source code where the problem seems to be. If you can think of another possibility and you've looked through Phaelax's code as well, just tell me what you need to look at and I'll post it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 03:31
Your code example showed you using SYNC but doesn't show if you called SYNC ON. If that's not it, then try putting CLS in at the top of your loop and see if that fixes the flicker.

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!" ~Tick
Mr909
Years of Service
User Offline
Phaelax, you're accruing awesome points at a very steady rate. I don't know how long the awesome pool can maintain it.

Thanks bud.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2012 23:24
Maybe I'll get an "Awesome Coder" badge?

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!" ~Tick

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 22:54:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 22:54:13