Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / blue gui - tabs holding windows???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 20:35
Has anyone figured out a way to put window gadgets inside tabs? I've figured out a way to render to multiple windows thanks to Brendy and now I need tabs for various windows such as one for level editing and weapon editing... anyone - rob would have had an answer for me but alas, who has the answers?

I see a lil' byte, its 1/4th a dword, Double float, Double float - but it doesnt beat a Global. Very very frightning, integers dividing me! Look a constant oh a constant. Oh-oh I just want the byte!
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 15:28
Rather than totally seperate windows, it would be more efficient to detect which tab is active, and then render the appropriate image. If you want multiple windows visible simultaneously then you need to render each and then copy the image to some other gadget such as a panel or canvas. Not sure if there is a method for doing that though because I've never rendered 3D to a BlueGUI window.
Daryn Alsup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 20:47 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2012 20:50
Nope - that's conventional and easy for sure - but you can't render an image to say a panel or etc... if you're using an image to camera or like... I have a plug in that lets me specify additional rendering windows - that is, it lets me create a window that acts as a second - or depending on how many windows - 24th dbpro window... my question IS: Since I can ALREADY render to multiple dbpro windows - how do I make them children of a tab gadget... there was once a purpose to the "window_noborder" style... but for whatever reason, this doesn't allow you to initialize it as a child of a gadget that can be a child of a window... IE - panels go in windows not the reverse... but yet the API allows this to be possible... both windows and panels can act as parent gadgets to each other... just not in blue - is it merely the plugin?

I see a lil' byte, its 1/4th a dword, Double float, Double float - but it doesnt beat a Global. Very very frightning, integers dividing me! Look a constant oh a constant. Oh-oh I just want the byte!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 14:16 Edited at: 24th Nov 2012 14:20
Just something I threw together in a couple of minutes; it seems to do what you want though

Edit: any chance to get a copy of / link to that plugin by the way? It sounds handy

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Daryn Alsup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 19:28 Edited at: 24th Nov 2012 19:29
Sure - though you can search - it's got a unique name... BBB Rendering... but in you wanted... it's attached right here

you were/are close - I need the inverse... the window is a child of the tab, not versa

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2012 01:49
That was just a demo, I'm fairly sure you can child the window to any gadget.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2012 01:53 Edited at: 25th Nov 2012 01:55
Or oh, do you mean attach directly to the tabs gadget?
I haven't used those in a while but if I recall correctly you can't do that; what you do is either have a single panel which contents you update when a new tab is selected or you can have a panel for each tab and just hide / show them when selecting the individual tabs.

Thanks for naming the plugin by the way, I knew I had seen it around somewhere before

Edit: shouldn't have double posted, but it's late and I didn't think I could edit my previous post

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:00:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:00:20