Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Model Pack 66 - Night City

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 14:56
A new model pack has been released!

Find it HERE

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Mr_Joe
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 15:13
It looks cool!
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 17:40
Great!Purchased!

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sorry, you may not view the content at this time."

I guess I am not mature enough huh?

Like = Follow!
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 17:51
1. Means "Full Buildings" that the char can walk inside?
2. Are all objects shadered and the respective maps included?

Come to where the madness is:http://www.homegrowngames.at
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 21:09
Quote: ""Sorry, you may not view the content at this time"

I got the same a couple of days ago in Chrome but not in IE. If you are mature enough then just clear your cookie and try again

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 21:25
Only $9.99! What a buy! Thanks. I'm also glad to see it was accepted as a MP.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 23:39 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2012 23:43
Thanks everyone for your support!
@Ertlov_
Quote: "1. Means "Full Buildings" that the char can walk inside?"

Unfortunately not at this time, Full buildings is one of the types available of 3. Full(detailed exterior),Facade(single detailed building face) And LOD (low poly version for models in a background frequently used in Load On Demand functions ) However I do plan on making some individual buildings that include segments that work with them to build the interiors.

Quote: "2. Are all objects shadered and the respective maps included?"

By default they are not shaded, but they do include all the respective maps. The entity and segment fpe files have a commented out line for the recommended shader to use. I do not have permission to redistribute these shaders as they are free anyway. The shaders give the buildings and segments a more 'wet' look wich would be great for rain or snow scenes.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 01:06 Edited at: 24th Nov 2012 01:17
I know what i'm getting for christmas beautiful looking pack, i'll be getting this soon. $10.00 is a great price.

great work D13

p.s. can these be used in another program such as I CLONE animation?

EDIT... Darn it, i couldn't wait for christmas. I had to order it now

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 01:07
Great work my friend. Good luck with sales, I'm sure this will do well. Your pal, Cosmic.

Back from the Wasteland.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 02:08
All the best of luck with this and I 'will' be getting this soon, great price but should be higher.

Cheers
Ross
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 03:31
$10 for that!?! That's awesome! Almost a steal for the amount of quality put into that pack!

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 04:59
The hotlink "Hot: Model Pack 66 Night City" is incorrect.

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 08:00
I noticed that links leads to a mystery page apparently about the new model pack.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 16:07
Hotlink is fixed.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 17:30
Quote: " The hotlink "Hot: Model Pack 66 Night City" is incorrect."

Sorry guys, my fault. The original thread was in FPSC Chat and I moved it here. didn't realise about the hotlink.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2012 16:36
d/l and played with the pack last night. awesome job D13

gamer, lover, filmmaker
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
You come a long way with your skillset D13, this stuff is pro quality.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 06:01
@seppgirty_Thanks man; I look forward to seeing what you do with them, and yes you absolutely can use them in Iclone.

@Cosmic Prophet_ Thanks buddy!

@Ross tra damus_Thanks man, your advice to getting things ready for packing was great. Anyone who is making a pack for TGC for the first time should take a look at it. As for price I felt it was a good move to make it more available to as many people as possible. Rather than have (example) one hundred $20 sales , I'd rather have three hundred $10 sales. Besides it won't be the last pack I present to TGC.

@The Nerevar_Thanks, I hope you get some good use out of it.

@RickV_Thanks for fixing bthe hotlink. Will it get listed among the general packs soon?

@Nickydude_No problem buddy, it's all fixed.

@rolfy_ thanks man; we've got some really great talent on this forum that pushes me to be do my best to catch up, and you're one of them(I'm not saying I'm anywhere near caught up though,lol)

Cleve Blakemore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 04:16 Edited at: 28th Nov 2012 04:47
Model Pack 66 is a pack of Great Win and Excellence for Maximum Justice.

Lovecraft-in-a-box kit. Looks incredible.

I worked on my own Lovecraft style game for about a month and a half in the Unity3D engine, using some high quality textures I purchased at the Torque site. I made at least ten buildings in Sketchup that I was trying to get this look out of and was disappointed in all of them. They didn't come out right. I have been following the thread for these models eagerly hoping they might end up as an official model pack.

I would say for $10.00 this is without question one of the coolest packs ever offered by TGC.

I really loved the "Call of Cthulhu" game, the first half at least. I have always wanted to do a smaller scale game based on a really scary premise that I came up with as a short story about twenty years ago. I think I will be able to do it now that I got this pack. It's a fantastic piece of work.

Torrey "Heltor" Roberts was a funny, generous guy who did interesting work with 3D modeling and made the FPSC forum a particularly nice place to visit. He will be missed.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 08:54
Thanks Cleve! I would definitely love to see what you make with them. That's one of the major joys I get is seeing all the awesome and creative directions people take with media I make. When you get some screens up I'd love to see them.

HarryWever
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased it.
But if i trying to walk onto the stair. it doent want to.
And if i set the beginning on the stair the player get stuck and won't move anymore.

Anybody know what i am doing wrong?

Many thanks

Harry
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 15:12 Edited at: 14th Dec 2012 15:18
Try useing PgUp to set the player above the stairs of a building. If you set the player at the default height then essentially you are starting the player 'in' the stairs and will have the conflicts you are encountering.

EDIT: I assumed you were talking about the courthouse model. I tried to replicate your problem but didn't get the same results. I placed my start marker on the platform where the stairs are and it worked just fine.

HarryWever
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello
Well i tried it just now. i was talking about the fireescape .
If i put my start marker on that fire escape. the player stucks and won't move. if i press the c button for kneeling then i can walk and the player can walk. but i can't go up anymore on this fire escape.

Harry
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 21:15
my apologies. The fire escape should definitely work but in a makeshift way, since ladders do not truely work. You can however climb these. You must first hop while pressing forward onto the ladder. You may have to keep hopping till you get to the top. Give that a try and see if it helps. The video that is shown on the TGC site has the player starting on the fire escape so there shouldn't be a problem with that.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 00:14
I'll give it a go as a 3rd party tester. I haven't used them yet and am anxious to see the models in game. At least some of them.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 06:01
That would be great Flatlander.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 06:38
Everything appears to work as it should for us.. Mind you, we are still using v1.17, but placing the player start marker on the fire escape did not yield the same results as HarryWever. We're not saying his issue should be discarded, but at least you know it works in lower versions of FPSC (for us at least).

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 09:18
Just to keep you informed I'm using 1.19. i only test in official releases. If you are testing in a beta you may encounter issues that are currently being worked on since sometimes things get broken when a new feature is added.I will still keep track of your problem, so please tell me if it persist or if anything suggested fixes the issue.

HarryWever
Years of Service
User Offline
I indeed have install the v120 beta 6.
I gonna trie it with a fresh install and update to 1.19. to see if the problem is over.

Thanks

Harry
HarryWever
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I just did a fresh install and with the update v1.19. and everything works perfectly.
So it is a problem with the v120 beta 6 version.
Thanks for all your help.

Harry
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2012 03:55
Thanks for the clarification. It would be good to report this to Scene Commander in the beta thread. Maybe someone has already encountered this problem and there will be a fix soon.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2012 05:54
Actually, it works for me. Just tested it. I'm using v1.20 beta 7.

It is a little difficult climbing the ladder but all ladders are difficult to climb. Placing the start marker on the fire-escape works fine. I don't get stuck. Tried different angles. Of course, if you get too close to the side or if you have another fire escape on top of the one you place the marker you have to be careful where you place the marker. There are those beams that get in the way and you do have to crouch to go underneath them.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2012 07:11
Thanks Flatlander, I know it may be a bit impractical but I put the fire escape low enough to where it wont interfere with the one above it. you can see this in the demo level include in the pack. It should be named nightcitypackdemo.fpm

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2013 18:05 Edited at: 29th Mar 2013 18:06
I'm a little late to the party but I just purchase your pack. The price is what really sold it to me! I just hope that the texture mapping is good because I plan to add some color to some elements like the brick. I was wanting to do an old styled town and these were just perfect for it! The details are there and the quality of this pack is exceptional.

Thanks a lot!

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2013 02:28 Edited at: 30th Mar 2013 02:31
No problem and Thanks for the compliments! The layout for each texture is pretty plain so you should be able to overlay your own texture on top of each section and come out with some good results. I was thinking of going back and doing this myself, but instead of releasing them as a pack I'd release them a few at a time in the TGC Store. I'd definitely love to see what you will do with them.

EDIT: Don't forget to grab the freebie pack that goes along with MP66. you can get it in this post-
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=202289&b=24

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/astekgames/Alleyway_zps183b3022.png

There is something I whipped up. They are great models that look even better with a clean texture (in my opinion). This screenshot is from a secret work of mine though so I may remove it soon. Just thought I'd let you know that great use is being made out of your pack!

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2013 08:02
Very Nice! I hope it was easy to re-texture for you, and you're right they do look good re-textured. I would definitely not be afraid to walk down that ally as opposed to how they looked before. The cobblestone is a nice fit as well without retextureing.

"Who loves ya baby!"
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 14:29
Yea, great re-textures. Some alleys one does not feel afraid to walk down. However, I haven't found too many. Most you couldn't pay me enough to walk down the alley.

Again, love the pack. I have plans but not started yet.

I'm addicted to programming and coffee!
Drew Radley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 16:44 Edited at: 10th Jul 2013 16:55
Hi. I just bought this and I am converting them to FBX. However, I cannot seem to find the textures for most of the "bld_00X" models. I see the LOD textures and they work fine on the LOD models, but not the main ones.

Thanks!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 08:04 Edited at: 11th Jul 2013 08:09
If you look at the .fpe files they state what textures are used for each model. Multiple models use the same textures. I did this intentionally to balance the physical detail for each model with not having a huge amount of textures. This cuts down on memory usage and allows for a larger level. Please refer to the .fpe files for what .dds texture belongs to what model. The _lod models are completely separate models with low detail relying on graphics to represent them. They are meant to be low memory background models to be put behind or very high up on top of buildings that the player would never get physically close to. this is why they do not share the same textures. Hope that helps.

"Who loves ya baby!"
Drew Radley
Years of Service
User Offline
It should. I'll take a look at them when I get home from work today. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 15:14:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 15:14:27