Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Using external DLLs in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2012 10:37
How can I use external DLLs with DBPro? I'd like to use Audiere sound library since I find internal DBPro sound system too limiting (no MOD or even OGG Vorbis support, c'mon). How can I do that?
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 11:02
have a look at load and run dll commands

Darkhog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 12:18
Thanks! Where are they listed in help file?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 12:59
OGG is available through STYX I use it a lot now... Works perfectly!

Darkhog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 17:03
Yeah... Unfortunately STYX is paid plugin and I'm kinda short on money right now (saving for DGS Bonanza). Though I've seen Enhancement Audio Plugin (might misspelled), but I don't know if:
- it works with new versions of DBPro
- it does use any library that is non-royalty free at it's core (FMOD, BASS). I plan to eventually buy commercial license, along with DarkGame Studio Bonanza (since I'm saving a lot) and I don't want to pay royalties to third-parties.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 17:48
I guess I know why you want OGG support... My suggestion for now would be, just continue to develop using .wav and buy DGS and then get something like STYX or find a free variant here on the forum... And then convert the code... Ensure you use modular coding practices...

So yeah... I think you should get your application closer to completion and then work around the sound issue when you have the budget or find another solution... Nothing beats royalty free (Of course unless you made it lol)

Let me know if I can be of any furher help...

Also Brendy boy was saying... Type Load DLL into DBPro and then press F1 while the cursor is within it... If confused just highlight the code and press F1

It should turn blue first... Then press F1...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:58:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:58:57