Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Which bundle?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I would like DB Pro and FPS Creator. I see there are a couple of bundles available, that include one or the other, plus various tools. Which of the bundles would I be best off buying? Should I get both? Thanks for your advice!
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 21:43 Edited at: 27th Nov 2012 21:48
Dark Game Studio or the Dark Game Studio Bonanza version if it is still available. But consider the following before buying:

1. Can you code? Have you ever tried?
If not, then download the FREE version of DBPro first and give it a chance. If you cannot learn to code or don't want to or give up trying, see number 2. Otherwise, buy. It's a good place to start learning to code and you can produce some basic games with it. It's also good as a demo engine (you can do stuff in DBPro that takes almost double the time in many other softwares).

2. If coding is not your thing, I suggest you look at something like FPS Creator. However, don't buy it. There is currently the possibility of FPS Creator: Reloaded which is brand new and will look better and allow you to make more up to date games. So your money is better spent pledging to the project on Kickstarter: www.kickstarter.com/projects/tgc/fps-creator-reloaded
As if it comes to fruition, you'll be looking at possibly getting your hands on a vastly superior product at the cost of patience and a $25 pledge.

3. Another option. I know you said you want DBPro but AppGameKit (the younger brother of DBPro) offers you more target platforms. Although it is still young, it's going to grow and I hear they're implementing 3D graphics now.

... In short, download some free demos and get a feel for the products and see what you like. Then just shop and compare for the package that suits you - bearing in mind what I have mentioned regarding FPS Creator. If you have any product-specific questions like "can I xyz with DBPro" or whatever, feel free to post them.

RP Functions Library v1.0

My signature has not been erased by a mod.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 22:53
I want to just come in and say,

Welcome to the forums upatree, and I agree with nonzero, it all depends on what your aims and aspirations are...

Read the product pages thoroughly and get a full understanding for the various tools...

Oh, and it might be a wise idea to consider your system(s), are they up to the task, have you got enough processing power?

We are very happy to answer questions you may have, no matter how strange [Just be careful of the AUP - You can find it in the link below the Post Message button and above Forum Search {Forum search is a very handy thing, make sure you use the Google Forum Search box more than the Thread Search one...} text...]

OH and the link for DGS is >here<

If you need any help using the various functions of the forum, remember to ask things like embedding an image, file, link, CODE BLOCK, using the quote blocks... etc...

upatree
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice guys, I ended up buying the Xmas bundle which included DB Studio and DPS Creator plus a whole bunch of extras, it seemed such good value I thought it daft to pass it up

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:25:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:25:20