Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Searching for a zip / archive plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2012 01:06 Edited at: 5th Dec 2012 09:44
Hi,

I'm searching for a zip / archive plugin for dark basic.
I'm using the free version of dark basic, so I'm affraid the official addons aren't an option for me.

What I need:
- decompress files from archives to memory
- compress files to archives
- inspect files in read-only ( should be fast )

I found this one: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=84374&b=5
Unfortunately the download there doesn't include a valid source file ( the .dba is empty ) for whatever reason ( I guess it was a mistake ).
Also there is no documentation provided.

I feel like this plugin could be exactly what I need ... but how can I find out the supported commands?
Is there a way to inspect the dll, to see the commands?

Does anyone maybe know how to use it?

Does anyone know a better plugin?

Actually the compression isn't really important, I just want to pack the files to an archive.
Note: The mentioned plugin seems to work with single files only, but I think I can cope with that, and use a mixture of rar and this.

EDIT:
Ok I could figure out the commands myself:

I was able to compress a file and decompress it again.

The interesting thing for me is: If I decompress a file to memory, how can I use the content? XD

EDIT2:

I created keyword and help files for this plugin really quick.
The help files are incomplete, because I'm not yet finished figuring out what the results are XD.

I attached my repack of the original plugin.

Included:
- Compiled test application + source code
- Keyword file
- Help files ( currently pretty useless, plugin has only 4 commands anyways )

NOTE: The plugin wasn't made by me, I just created the keyword file and help files.
Creater of the plugin is "OSX Using Happy Dude"
Original Post: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=84374&b=5

Task:
Currently I'm trying to figure out what's going on with ZLib_DeCompressFileToMemory.
I don't even know if it's working XD.

PS: I wish I could change the topic title a bit, to signalise that I'm not only searching XD.

EDIT3:
The result of ZLib_DeCompressFileToMemory looks like a memory adress.
If that is true we can use the result of ZLib_GetDecompressFileSize to pin down the exact memory area.

Now ... the question is: What can we do with that in Dark Basic?
Any ideas? Anybody? XD

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Create memblock from memory?

I'm not sure but I think that's a command you've got to work with. You'll then access the data using memblock commands.

Good luck
Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2012 15:06 Edited at: 5th Dec 2012 15:29
Well, I tried several things.
Actually I don't have such a command, I don't know if that's a limitation of the free version of dbpro.

However, I tried to map the memory to a bank and create a memblock from that.
Unfortunately this doesn't work with images, sounds, etc.

That's a no-go. It has to work with everything.

Currently I'm writing my own encryption system within dark basic, using IanM's datafiles, and this could really work out.
I got a working proof of concept, where I can encrypt an image and decrypt it again.

The design of the file format isn't finished yet, but I got some good ideas, and I guess if I do this correctly, this will be really fast.

The file format should look like this:

|HEADER|
Name
Author
Version
Description
|TABLE|(an entry for each file)
Filename
Adress
Size
|DATA|
BYTE

|HEADER|
So basically I'm starting with a header, that provides basic informations about the archive.

|TABLE|
Followed by the "Table" of content, a list of all files that are encrypted into the archive, providing the name, start-adress within the file and size.

|DATA|
And then comes the data of the encrypted files, which is pretty much just a big byte block.

With the information from the Table I can then read the bytes of a file precisely, and create a memblock from it. Of course the files have to be encrypted from a memblock before.

This memblock can then be converted to an image, sound, ...

With my proof of concept the size of the decrypted image differs a bit from the original, but the "Size-on-disk" fits exactly. Also if I open both pictures they look exactly the same, so I'm not sure if there is problem XD.
EDIT: OK, according to what I read the other size has to fit XD, so there IS still a little problem.

The proof-project will encrypt the provided image into a ".via" file and decrypt it again with another name.

I attached my proof of concept.
Included:
- Source code
- Test Image

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems like I've seen this before. I usually use Gdk (c++) so I can't be much help. I'd say to comb the forums and if you haven't already ask in the darkbasic forum.
Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2012 22:05 Edited at: 5th Dec 2012 23:38
I guess I will just continue with this.
Actually I like it that I have full control of the file design like this.

I started to create an encryption system from this piece of code.
I'm now able to read the header.
It takes 3-4ms to read 4 strings from the file, this includes the check if the file exists, opening the file, and closing it after I read the header.

Maybe it's too early to say that, but I think that's pretty fast.

Well, we will see if it has more features XD.

EDIT:
Ok, if I remove the debugging messages ( simple print ) it only takes 1ms to read the 4 strings.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:20:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:20:43