Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Colliders independent of meshes possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 12:07
So I was thinking of purchasing Dark Physics for Christmas, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this simple question.
Basically I need to be able to set up colliders (simple boxes of arbitrary sizes should be good enough) that are not tied to any actual 3D object. Sparky's collision plugin which I've used before does not do this for example. Is this possible with DP?

Thanks in advance,
Rudolpho

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 12:25
If you mean boxes that are standalone err boxes with physics applied and not a character controller... then yes...

Otherwise the question above confuzzles me...

Ask away and I hope I can help... I use DarkPHYSICS a lot at the moment but the basics for now...

I can always show some example stuff...

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 12:30
Basically something that can just be slapped up to provide collisions against tree trunks (completely innecessary to have collisions with the top branches as well if the player won't ever get up there).
Or "invisible walls" for that matter

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 12:33 Edited at: 14th Dec 2012 12:34
You could make trigger boxes or spheres which are invisible... and use them to stop the player movement...

I believe you could clone them too but I can check if needed but yeah that should do the trick...

EDIT

You can set the trigger objects as wireframes too for debugging...

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 12:57

That is an excerpt from the documentation, I should be able to post it here so I hope this is not wrong of me...

But you can see at the top that the trigger objects have their own numbering ID system

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 13:55
Thanks, that might work
Guess I'll order it and try it out.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 14:01
Before you order have a look at the Dark Game Studio bonanza deal!

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 14:26
I know, annoying that I already have everything but DarkVOICES (which I don't need) and DarkPhysics from there

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 14:32
I can breath a sigh of relief then haha

Cool maybe we can share ideas or such I could probably use your help as it seems you have various paid plugins as I do would be cool if we could exchange info on some as they have half half info if you get me

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 12:44
Haha, I guess
I have plenty of plugins that I don't actively use at the moment though, so it's doubtful whether I'd be much better help than the documentation... then again I do use some of them frequently

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 13:15
Me too... I am still delving deeper and as such found them to be lacking in explanation...

I plan to create more of my EEVs to show how they work and what can be achieved with them...

I am still working my way through them, my current project uses a handful of them already namely STYX, DARKPHYSICS, EXTENDS and adding the possibility of scripting via UNITY... STYX in It's own right is phenomenal...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:51:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:51:02