Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / dual screen output

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have acquired a 3D Virtual reality system. It has a dual LCD display.
Now I am still a newbie at a few things on DBP, so help would be appreciated.

I want to make a `true Stereo-3D` display by using two cameras in the game that would show slightly different outputs, one for each eye. So is it possible to get camera 1 or output to screen 1, and camera 2 to screen 2 ?

Another thing,- unfortunately - the VR system is very old, so the LCD`s only have a resolution of 276 x 372 ( I dont know the refresh of them )
Can DBP set the screen res to something that low?

Thanks

Simon

If interested - the VR system is a Virtuality 1000CS Standup version.

Need Input ?
www.input-inc.com
Keeping J5 Alive!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 13:32
By default DBP can only render to a single window. I think there are ways around this if you're willing to muck around a bit but it might be easier to have a single window that spans over both screens if that is possible.

Quote: "Can DBP set the screen res to something that low?"

I believe it can set the resolution to whatever display modes are supported by your graphics card and monitor(s). Creating a window of that size is no problem at all but without a matching display mode your graphics will be stretched or shrunk to fit.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 15:43 Edited at: 29th Dec 2012 15:47
Quote: "SET DISPLAY MODE Width, Height, Depth, VSyncOn, Multisampling Factor, Multimonitor Mode"

Multimonitor Mode

Integer
Set Multimonitor Mode to one in order to double the width of the resolution, allowing a fullscreen application to expand to a second monitor or for some stereoscopic uses

[I underlined Width as in the original documentation it is.... lets say a typo XD]

Hope this helps...

EDIT

I recall this...

Quote: "
MTBS3D

Adding the latest technology is par for the course with DBPro, and stereoscopic technology is no stranger to the language. With the latest upgrade it has gained official MTBS certification, recognising our native support for S-3D and Anaglyph rendering.
"

Found here... [Scroll dooooown] maybe dig deeper into this?

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 17:24
Also look into the command set cameras to stereoscopic. I remember seeing an example somewhere once demonstrating how to use a 3D monitor, I'll do some digging.

TheComet

Official PonyCraft blog : http://blankflankstudios.blogspot.ch/
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2012 00:28
Here you go, newsletter 67 has a whole section on it.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/pages/newsletters/newsletter_issue_67.html

Scroll down to the "Lee's Tip of the Month" section (or just CTRL+F and search for the word "stereoscopic"). He provides explanation of how it works, and at the very bottom is a download link to an example project.

TheComet

Official PonyCraft blog : http://blankflankstudios.blogspot.ch/
Agent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 01:01
Damn, DBPro is capable of multimonitor support now? I took too long a hiatus from these forums... missed too much uber stuff! That multimonitor flag never used to work, and stretching the screen res to cover two monitors only worked on some systems (and not mine )

Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 21:24 Edited at: 11th Feb 2013 22:12
Whoops.. I need to read slower. NM

D.D.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:18:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:18:05