Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Project Refresh X10:Official Thread

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 11:25 Edited at: 30th Dec 2012 09:14
About:
Project Refresh X10 is a mod ultimately aimed to "bring people back" to FPSC X10. Over the past few years, FPSC X10 has been "neglected" my hope with this mod is to bring forth some much wanted/needed additions and fixes.

Current Version: In-production

Price: To be announced

Features:
Airmod
Timerbased System
Project Blue's Weapon Additions(Dual Wielding,Advanced Blocking,Ammo Pooling,etc.... )
Project Blue's Camera System(Create new camera's position them and manipulate them, great for advanced effects such as player legs)
Advanced Variable System

Current Conditions List:

Current Actions List:

Dual Wielding

While at the moment this mod does feature many Project Blue features, it will not include ALL of Project Blue.

I'm mainly posting this thread to figure out whether this mod worth continuing and was hoping to get some feedback from the community and some ideas for additions. Ultimately, this will be a paid mod.

Sean

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 13:18 Edited at: 29th Dec 2012 13:29
im in.

would love to see more area and stuff, so i will back you

inventory system be great.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2012 02:28
hey Hockeykid this is a cool I would support. but the the fan base for this is going to be small. it would been cool to have this earlier in the year. but still a great ideal.

Hockeykid I email you about something.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2012 21:19 Edited at: 30th Dec 2012 21:20
My interest is piqued, but there isn't any way I would pay for an x10 mod at this point. The fact that it is no longer available/supported just means you're trying to provide to a dying (I'd almost say dead at this point) community. I don't think there would be much interest in this because x10 itself is dead and its community is almost there.

Cheesehead for life.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "its community is almost there."

This thread has made me realize this. The point of this thread was to gauge the amount of interest in Project Refresh X10. I was hoping this mod would help solidify FPSC X10, but unfortunately there barely seems to be any X10 community left. At the moment, it's starting to look like that this mod is not worth pursuing.

Sean

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 04:43
Quote: "it's starting to look like that this mod is not worth pursuing."

It pains me to say, but I'd have to agree. Better to make a new mod for x9 or maybe save your energy for FPSCR.

Cheesehead for life.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Better to make a new mod for x9 or maybe save your energy for FPSCR."

I have Project Apex for X9, but I've been very hesitant to work on it, simply because when Reloaded comes out it might make Project Apex pointless.

Sean

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 23:30
AH!!! Wait...don't give up hope! Give people a reason to come back and they will. I know I am horribly biased and of course I am speaking from completely selfish desire but this would fantastic.

So much of what people are hoping for in Reloaded already exists in X10. Recognizing the fact that people have to make money, this might not be something that would immediately or ever entirely pay off but you can't know until you try.

What would make it worth while for you to do? How much would you need to recoup to make it work for you? I would invest in this and in advance.

Have you talked with Budo about the possibility of incorporating Mystic Mod? So much work was done there and x10 plus MM is quite powerful. I've no idea if it's even possible but it would be great to see some new energy pumped into x10.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What would make it worth while for you to do?"

At the moment, what I'm looking for is a decent group of people that are interested. Most of the issue might just be that people don't check the X10 boards.

Sean

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 23:35
Also, if you were able to get your head around the shader pipeline in x10 you would pull a lot of interest. Nothing gets people more excited than fancy shader effects. If were made possible (truly possible) to add custom shaders, so much could be done. I've a thread about shaders in x10 (with the lofty/silly title "The Truth About Shaders in FPSCx10") that addresses some of the confusion - which may or may not be informative to you.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 23:39
Quote: "Most of the issue might just be that people don't check the X10 boards."

This is definitely true. Used to be that I would be on here nearly all day and only a year ago we had a lot going on. TGC cancelling sale of the product took the life out of what was a very active and friendly community. But from what I've seen most everyone is still around. For a long while, there would be no new threads or posts so there was nothing new to check.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " TGC cancelling sale of the product"

It would be cool if this mod livened up the community and caused TGC to start selling FPSC X10 again.

Quote: "But from what I've seen most everyone is still around."

At the moment, the lack of comments on this thread is what causes me to assume it isn't worth it.

Sean

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
great news i would be happy to pay for a mod,
also x10 is capable of creating a quality game,
i look forward to any mod or updates that come along
and think the x10 comunity will grow again.
i look forward to reloaded but still think x10 has a better
shot with new features added,

Slim Tonone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 23:47
I finally get time to start looking at X10 only to see the plug was pulled after I sprung for X10. Hockeykid show me what you can do. A niche market can be a good market! Thanks...You never know until you try!
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 21:47
I would be happy to reinstall X10. I could port Impuzzable over and get it look nice and shiny!

Unfamillia

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2013 06:39
@Hockeykid
Awesome idea, but could I suggest you attempt to add in all of X9's new scripting features? I attempted to do it a while ago and got it pretty much done, but lost all the work.

Looking forward to seeing this project progress.

-TZK

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 05:28
Seems to be getting a pretty good response. The most of any thread here in a long time. And pretty much everyone who has responded is someone who has either been here for a while or who is actively involved with the forum.

I mean...it's not like the Reloaded forum is blowing up with posts. As with all things speculative, response tends to come after something is done.

I really hope you do this and would be willing to support it in advance.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I really hope you do this and would be willing to support it in advance."

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and probably work a bit on it in a few days, hopefully adding some cool new features.

Sean

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 01:40 Edited at: 5th Jan 2013 01:41
@Hockeykid

What if you contacted TGC about doing a pay for official update for X10 and TGC could use Kickstarter to fund it? That way you can gauge what real interest there is and if it works out you get paid in the process. Only an idea.

DC
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What if you contacted TGC about doing a pay for official update for X10 and TGC could use Kickstarter to fund it? That way you can gauge what real interest there is and if it works out you get paid in the process. Only an idea."

I'm sure at the moment TGC want to keep their focus on Reloaded.

Sean

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you guys possibly list out some much wanted features and bug fixes? I'm trying to figure out exactly types of things are really wanted in FPSC X10.

Sean

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 08:26
@Hockeykid
Not really an X10 user myself, but I mess around with it sometimes:

- X9's scripting commands
- Possibly copy over v1.20's optimizations?

That's all I'd probably really ask for in an X10 update\mod

-TZK

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 16:10 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 22:12
All the best with the mod

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 22:08 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 22:13
Quote: "All the best with the mod"

Thank you.

Sean

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 20:50 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 20:55
The main features that i would like to see in a mod are,

* Scriptable shaders (as in X9) Although, this would require prior knowledge of coding shaders......

* Slow motion mode and super quick mode (Like our dear friend TZK managed with X9 community mod - that i could never get working...)

* Maybe some way to manipulate time through scripts, like reverse it so animated things would go back through their keyframes rather than forward, then with a push of a button, everything could go normal again.

This is all for now.

As you can see, i am mainly asking for things that would make my game better!

I Really do hope to see this mod come to life! I would love to start using X10 again.

Unfamillia

EDIT - On a side note, have you contacted Budokaiman? He is awesome when it comes to mods (Mystic Mod) and managed to breathe a LOT of life back in to the X10 forums. If he isn't busy, he might be able to take a look into it as well?

Just a thought.

EDIT 2 - If you need any alpha/beta testers, i will gladly step up to the plate.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 02:19
I always found it strange that the mod wasn't working for you. Hopefully when I release v0.06 it will work correctly.

-TZK

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 09:43
As soon as you release it let me know and i will test it out.

That slow motion effect is something i am desperately after!

Unfamillia

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 00:30
Quote: "As soon as you release it let me know and i will test it out."
me too!

mk83 Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:52:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:52:44