Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / media files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 04:30
Hi....I have downloaded the Win DB EDITOR...and all is well however I am having more than a little trouble as to where to place media files that are needed for some code snippets....ie I need two bmp's and I copied them into the DB Folder...expanded to media...and then bitmaps. However this does not work as I am getting ...error: File does not exist ....when attempting to run the code.

My thanks to anyone who may help me.

Waynus Minimus
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 04:32
post the code

-RUST-
Wingover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 04:55
Oooops...sorry her 'tis

Waynus Minimus
Wingover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 11:16
Well....although a 'Newbie' I feel that my question...
1) Was within the parametres of this forum
2) Was easy 2 understand
3) And I hope not that difficult for a so called DB 'Gun'

Your reply 2 me was impolite and abrupt (Ok I had forgotten 2 post the code) but it is only my 2nd visit 2 these hallowed boards. So I thought a slightly more friendly reminder of my omission.

And 2 cap it off...u dont have the common curtesy to reply to my apology that I posted (Along with the code snippet)

My only reason that I am even bothering to write this is that while scanning other forums...your heavy handed and hyper-critical remarks to other members was sufficent ...fuel to the fire to precipitate this message. I can only assume that:

a)You didnt bother to read my reply (which was sent only 3 minutes after your post)

b)You dont know the answer
or

c)You think the question I posted didnt warrant anymore of your time.

OK perhaps I will be kicked off this forum...but I felt (not only on my own behalf, but also on behalf of the numerous others (That must have felt quite embarressed) I needed to write this.

Waynus Minimus
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 12:35 Edited at: 16th Nov 2003 12:35
Take a deep breath, hold it ... and release. Calmer now?

1) There are a lot of posts, and not a lot of people around that answer them. CattleRustler is one of those who *does* take the time to try and help, although sometimes his replies can strike people as being a bit abrupt

2) How do you know he was even online after his reply posted (25 minutes later, not 3 minutes)? Some people need to sleep

3) Yes, you are new here, and don't know how much CR *does* help other people out. You will see as you spend more time here.

Now, in answer to your original post, save your source file to its own project folder, and then save your media files in the same folder. It should work then
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 18:45
Thanks Ian, for coming to my defense.

@Wingover, Ian pretty much said it all so I will not elaborate. I am sorry if you took my post as "Abrupt", but posting the code is the first step to helping you - which I was going to try and do.
If you have found posts of mine that seem "short" or "abrupt" then I find it funny that you don't find any posts where I went back and forth with someone, helping them rewrite their code or whatever. Get to know me before you judge me.

-RUST-
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 18:54
just to answer your question the code looks fine to me, but make sure the images are named correctly and are in the same folder/directory as the .dba file that your code is saved in.

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
Black Hydra
Years of Service
User Offline
Please do not mistake shortness for rudeness. Rarely people are trying to be rude it is just interepreted that way in the facelessness of text.

I think all he meant was a curt reply to post the code as he wouldn't be able to help you without it. Please unless there is actual insults thrown people usually aren't trying to be rude.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 20:50
exactly, thank you.

-RUST-
Wingover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 22:06
This is in answwer to all who replied but in particular to u CR

Firstly thanks for not only supplying what should have been an (obvious) answer that I should have been able to work out for myself.

My only defense was that the post in question was born from hours of frustration and self admonishment. That though is no excuse for going off half-cocked with wild accusations.

CR I apologize 2 u and yes I only saw what I "wanted" to c when scanning the forums.

As I hope 2 become, in time, able 2 help out others, I havent made a very good start have I?

Wayne
ps...I was impressed at the loyalty shown to (CR).

Waynus Minimus
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 22:31
Wingover - no hard feelings. It us understandable that you were frustrated with the problem and when you posted you expected that others understood your frustration - which is not the case. But we all are guilty of this at some point (forgetting that people here may not exactly understand the problem or the gravity of it at the time it was posted.) I should have said nothing in my original post as I glossed over your post instead of fully reading it - had I read it more carefully I would have stated to put the media in the game dir - so that was my fault.

No hard feelings (hopefully in both directions)
Good luck, and I am always happy to try and help when i can.

-RUST-
Wingover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 22:52
All I can say is ....Thank you..... (still rather embarrassed)

And I look forward 2 the day when I will b able 2 answer others as well as asking questions.

I am really happy this 'Glitch' has been sorted out.

Wayne

Waynus Minimus
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 23:33
cheers!

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:50:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:50:47