Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / The Modern Warfare Community pack...2!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 06:59 Edited at: 24th Jan 2013 10:44

Okay, let's get this started.
The idea of a second Modern Warfare pack seems to appeal so I'm hoping that we can get a lot of people on board.
Okay so to start with these goodies:

I've made a basic animated version of this which shoots automatic explosive shells at you but I need to improve the animation to make it more realistic (I forgot to make it bob up and down)

Can be used for a small residence, or stacked to make a massive towerblock!

Suggested themes/locations to cover (I’m thinking this is how we can divide up the pack in terms of downloading):

Eastern Europe/Russia: Of course fighting Russians is one of 2 typical modern warfare scenarios seen in most games AKA the Call of Duty series.

Middle East/Afghanistan: The other one of 2 typical scenarios, for the time being this is the very location of modern warfare.

North America:
Of course there has to be good guys and bad guys (for you to choose of course), content for this location would also help level designers with general modern-day scenes. Of course if you want to make some suburban buildings or skyscrapers than these would suit.

Military bases/airfield: Of course modern warfare implies some form of warfare , in the last pack there was some great content for building bases but of course there can always be more (is that not why we're doing this?). That also includes aircraft, armour and other awesome stuff

Weapons: I've started on a couple but there's a whole lot of Kalashnikovs around which are real fun to model and would be a great addition as using the same old AK can be a little boring. NATO weapons can be a bit trickier I've found however still quite achievable. Preferably rig the weapons to stock hands so they are compatible with the first packs, and of course try make to weapons not featured in the first.
EDIT: I've been advised to provide the basic rigs for the weapons so I will do so.

Characters: I’m no character modeller, having only done 3-4 fpsc ready characters, however if you have the time (and you’re feeling super generous) of course characters would be a fantastic addition. Obviously modern-day characters like soldiers (durrr) or civilians would be suitable.

Not orders ^, just suggestions

HOWEVER: Your orders are to make.. something. Pitch in whether it's a model, overlay, script, musical score or whatever you think might be a good addition to the pack

Now get to work!

Assets So Far (may not be up to date and as a klutz I may miss some)

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 07:38 Edited at: 12th Jan 2013 07:40
Let me commence the first post

Simple model threw together in 10 mins... I can donate to the pack but wont have the time or willpower to make them fpsc ready. If the moderator of the pack can do that (I assume its you polo) it would be much appreciated

On-Site Briefing Table:

Inspiration: http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/262766_S/Battlefield-3-Gameplay-vs-The-Real-World-What-Do-The-Military-Experts-Think.jpg

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 07:43
Sure is send it to the email above (or below)

Looks great btw, I like how it hangs over the edge

Poloflece

XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 10:59
i am working on somekind of construction site pack,

Just like the map from MW3: Hardhat

-XDwannesXD
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 11:44 Edited at: 12th Jan 2013 11:45
Threw this together quickly, it's supposed to be a middle-eastern woman, though, it ended up kinda ninja-y.

I have no idea how to rig a character outside of 3ds Max (which I can't use for this, since I have the student version) and even then I'm bad at it. So if anyone is interested in doing that, tell me and I'll send it to you.

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 12:53
Quote: "i am working on somekind of construction site pack,

Just like the map from MW3: Hardhat"

Sounds great, thanks for contributing!

Quote: "So if anyone is interested in doing that, tell me and I'll send it to you.
"

I've had successes with rigging character in ms3d (sometimes they end up walking backwards though) so I can give it a go.

Poloflece

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 13:05
I think if you wanted, you could easily make it less 'ninja-y' by making the clothing appear more flat, rather than her skin.
For example, making the headpiece flat down. (so you can't really 'see' the neck'.

I'm currently working on some stuff for this pack, too

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 17:18 Edited at: 12th Jan 2013 17:20
Sorry for double post, but, as promised, some stuff from me.
I plan on making larger versions, as well as some with some camo textures, and adding shader maps.

Any constructive criticism is encouraged.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 17:36
Looks sick bro! Love the rolled up thing One crit would be to add something where the ropes meet the tent... it kinda looks like the rope goes through the tent cloth at this point Maybe some kinda holder where it meets the tent cloth?

Also Im going to be strapped this week (finals) but starting next week expect some more contributions from me.

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 19:30
MK14, P99, and Maybe SCAR, with EAI anims and attachments...stuff like that maybe?

Charlie "Chuckles" "Chazene"
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 19:54
what about pp90m1 and PM-9?

That would be awesome

-XDwannesXD
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 20:25
P90, MK46, MP5, XM8, L86lsw, L96....?

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 20:34
Hi Guys! Made it through surgury OK. No big deal, just overnight at the hospital, then home. I'm sore as hell though. Thanks for the kind words on the other thread my friends.

Poloflece: OK General, orders recieved, and I'll throw a few things together, and send them your way buddy. If you need help with anything just drop me a line.

Gonna go lie down now, talk to you all soon. Later.

Back from the Wasteland.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 20:48
Cosmic, you don't know how happy that makes me seeing you up and about for even a little bit. Welcome back my friend.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
WooooW Good Job
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 22:42 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 00:01
Nice to see you again, Cosmic. Hope you feel better soon.

Okay, I changed the model a bit on Bejasc3D's suggestion. I think it looks better now.

I'll send it you now Poloflece.

Creating Game
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want I can model some middle east village buildings, no entity bur segments so player/enemy can move inside
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 01:55
I've got an mk14 model handy which I'll just give a fresh paint job then it'll be good to go.

@Vent

I've successfully gotten the gal rigged.

Poloflece

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 02:01
I may have an M9 laying around somewhere....

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
skeeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 02:49
I have been working on some models lately. I can't uv map or texture them but I would be happy to share them if anyone was interested in getting them game ready. I'm an animator so I will handle animations. Here is a link to a thread where you can see some of them. They have been improved a little since then. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=201771&b=3

windows 7 ultimate 64bit, AMD FX 4170 Quad core 4.2ghz, ASUS Radeon HD7770 1GB overclocked, 8gb 1866mhz ram, western digital caviar black 1T mech drive
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 04:26
I also have an old G36c I made when i started 3d modeling. ill see if i can find it and rig it up to some animations.

http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Donations to the site are welcome. Your donations will be used to upgrade the site. Donations are only 2 dollars.
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 05:17 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 05:17
FOUND IT! Along with a combat knife!
Download below.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 05:20
Quote: "I've successfully gotten the gal rigged."

Excellent!

I've got another one done, if you'd like.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 05:36
Update time.

Thanks for the suggestion Anayar. implemented

Here's the desert canvas version. There's also 4 additional colours, not including camouflage or symbols (ammo and medic) which I plan to work on soon.

XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 09:14 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 09:14
Progress so far with construction site pack:

- 1 pallet
- 2 safety signs
- 2 big containers (1 opened and 1 closed)

screens will follow

-XDwannesXD
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 13:04 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 13:05
So I create at the moment a burger town
- glas
- bottles
- bank
- burger
- ketchup
- Senf
- glas cover
Post a screenshot soon!

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 14:28 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 15:21
@ The Nerevar and XDwannesXD

I can look into modeling some of those, hover some like the pp90 and mk46 require complex or off screen reload animations.

Excellent work with the pack so far! It's really starting to take shape and it looks like we're going to be able to make a diverse range of scenes with the media.

@ Vent
I've got the terrorist (I've labelled him as 'militant' to avoid any form of controversy ) rigged up and fighting fit, however any custom characters I've done in the past have been slightly stupider than the other enemies.

@all
Considering this is the second modern warfare, I figure it'd be appropriate to bring in some annoying akimbo rangers XD (I made it a while back for the community zombie pack). I'll also add the defender (might give it a fresh coat of paint).

Poloflece

XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 16:34
Update of my construction site pack:

added 1 new container and a plank

screenies:

More soon!

-XDwannesXD
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 11:52 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 11:53
@XDwannesXD

Those look great!

Like I said I'm no character modeller, however here's my attempt (left)

As you may notice I've taken the liberty of using VENT's hands (because I haven't the time or know how to do so myself), I'm going to work on the texture a bit more and try and reduce the ammount of visible angles.

Poloflece

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 15:20 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 15:27
Not sure where the cross over point is between your model and the vent's hands, but the wrists on yours are definitely too large.

I think as a whole, the model is better suited to be your every day guy, with a balaclava (especially so if the eye holes were rounded) which could be used in some interesting 'modern terrorist scenes' - as an example, the ex militant Russians decide to rob a bank, or plant a bomb in the subway.

Speaking of bombs - I modeled a C4 explosive (CoD-esque), however having not used FPSC (I've even been sending media to Poloflece to make FPSC ready for now) for some time, I modeled it with 'less restrictive polycounts'.
1.2k is too much for a small prop, in this engine at least.

Edit;
@Poloflece I see my tents in your background! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I like the way they look

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 15:53 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 16:08
That sounds like a good idea. I hadn't really developed the look he has until I'd textured it do I'll change the balaclava and make the neck thinner (it was originally to me something like a potato sack).

I think for the c4, until I can get I can obtain a good script for it, could be used much like a grenade, with just a longer timer and a sound file to play in sync with it.

Poloflece

Edit: yes I stayed up but without my comp XD

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 16:01
what Itmes are you guys looking to add? I would like to add some time to the pack.

PAIN!

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work guys looking good.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 16:14 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 16:15
@ Pain

Any content that suits the modern-day genre suits fine, nothing really in particular. I might move on to middle eastern buildings to satisfy that genre (I want to try and keep the distribution of assets equal across all sub-genres so that everyone can benefit equally from the pack regardless of what modern game they're making).

@s4real
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Poloflece

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 16:33
Haha! Poloflece is not only an excellent and generous modeler. He is also fast and very good at it. I think I speak for most of the community when I say its nice to see we have artists taking up the torch and leading others to make an awesome pack the community will no-doubt find useful.

Thank you everyone

XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 20:55 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 20:57
Update #2

today i added 2 new models to my pack:

I might can make some more models tommorow, but i dont have much time this week

i think i'll continue on this pack in the weekend

-------------------------------------------------------------------
@The Nerevar the texture of the M9 isnt working, i tried to change the texture file path but still no result

-XDwannesXD
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 22:35
Quote: "@The Nerevar the texture of the M9 isnt working, i tried to change the texture file path but still no result"

reassign the texture in fragmotion or something thats what i did for it to work.

Donations to the site are welcome. Your donations will be used to upgrade the site. Donations are only 2 dollars.
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 01:37
Quote: "reassign the texture in fragmotion or something thats what i did for it to work.
"

Yeah I did the same in milkshape (I end up putting it through fragmotion anyway) and it worked fine. It's very nice btw.

Quote: "Poloflece is not only an excellent and generous modeler. He is also fast and very good at it."

Poloflece

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 03:16 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 03:25

Here's a couple of rifle cases and a pistol case I whipped up. Hopefully I can get a bunch more props made. The images are of my own cases.

Poloflece, I'm emailing these to you. Let me know if your not the collaborator of this project.
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 03:56 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 03:58
Sorry about the texture problem, but what to you think of my first animations and crappy texturing work?

I'd love to do some more contributions, if my time allows.

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 05:01
Quote: "Poloflece, I'm emailing these to you. Let me know if your not the collaborator of this project."

I am the collaborator so thankyou

XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 09:09
@The Nerevar

The Combat knife is really cool!

I changed some sounds of the weapon in the gunspec and the texture works

The M9 needs some retexturing, but the animations look fine to me.

-XDwannesXD
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 12:40 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 12:40
here are my models so far!

Corno_1

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 13:15
New new one from me.
Some pretty generic crates. Hollow on the inside (up to the collider I suppose). Lid and box are seperate models, utilizing the same texture.
Again, no shader maps yet, I'll churn those out for most of my contributions depending on how well this pack goes.

I've decided to include the PSDs for this model, so you will be able to easily change the text (and keep that 'sprayed on' look), and alter the colour of the box (flat colour set on overlay).

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2013 16:53
Anyone else made anything to contribute to this pack?

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2013 17:14
I am working on some walls, some Destroyed and some sand bag bunkers.

Also maybe some Net Camo tents.

Me = noob

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 06:14
sounds good.

With the net camo tents, how would you do the net, and still keep it at a low poly count?

If absolute black works for transparency, then you could easily do it with a mesh texture, and a cloud filter, adjusting the levels to get it just black and white, then inverting it, applying any colour you need after. Theoretically then, you could just have a two-sided plane, and have a polycount under 100.
But I don't know if absolute black transparency applies to entities.

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 22:51
just a simple texture, light mapping might suck though.... maybe I'll make two types one low polly one high. I have not had time to sit down and start the tent yet, but I started the walls. I then had to move. (was in the middle of moving) so my desktop is out of comision until I setup the desk.

PAIN

Me = noob

kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 00:02
im working on an M16A4. Im post some pictures when i get it done

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 04:36
I'm working on a recon type vehicle. Doing the UV Mapping and making the textures.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:16:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:16:29