Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / What can be posted....?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am currently working on a project that requires I take complete control of the graphics, so I can't use GDK for that. But if I use GDK for the sound, would it be still "in the spirit" of a GDK program? I'm not even sure I *can* use GDK sound without the GDK loop..... I'm going to try to use it soon, so here goes.

The fastest code is the code never written.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 21:41
You can take complete control of the graphics with GDK, using:

dbGetDirect3DDevice()

You can then use dx9 to draw whatever you need to draw. You can mix and match too with GDK objects which is handy if you need animated objects etc.

Not sure why you want to use GDK for the sound, I find it's not that great, take a look at irrKlang, works much better imo.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to use something GDK so I can post here. GDK sound isn't that good, but it works well enough for my tastes....

I tried to integrate GDK, but I keep getting library errors. I don't remember the exact errors, but they were something like "already defined in....". I'm using VS2010 so I'm not even sure I can get it to work. Does anyone know how to make it work in VS2010?

The fastest code is the code never written.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 14:52
Supposedly, the October 2010 update allows DGDK to work in VS2010.

Here's a link to a thread that was talking about it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:33:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:33:17