Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Introduction

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 23:28
Hello, iam recently registered so i introduce myself.

I know Dark Basic (3d games creator) since..2001 when i bought the cdbox and i still got it!

I worked on it from 2001 to 2003 approximatively, more to test, learn programing and have fun, than to create a full project (i was young). I also worked on the very first Fpscreator when it came .

As creating 2d/3d and programing is for me a hobby and not my job, during years i self-learned to work on many softwares: blender, 3dmax, photoshop, and a lot of other pro 3d and 2d softwares, i also know some script and programing languages..

For example actually iam a 3d/2d and scripter creator in the Metaverse: Second Life™ , and in the past i modded for many games.

As actually iam coming back to programing, i remembered of DarkBasic, and wow when i see how it changed i didnt imagine that. So iam here and coming back into the DarkBasic world.

I think ill first work on my oooold version of darkbasic,to train cause i remember it well even after 10 years (i hope it will work on w7 lol).

I see many recent versions and plugins are here actually ill need to determinate what is the most apropriated for me (lol i hate the "easy tools" and the "easy updates" of pro-softwares in general, so il need a hardcore version).

Hope to see you in other topics, iam sure we will share a lot
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2013 19:07
I would suggest getting DBP as well as the latest update for it. Not only will it get you on the same page as the majority of forum dwellers, but it will also take some of the headache out of testing other people's code and wondering why it's not compiling the same! Or even compiling at all!

There are tons of plugins that are extremely useful. It may seem more of an "easy" approach to coding by using them, but why reinvent the wheel?!

MatrixUtils and sparky's collision are a couple of the really great plugins around, and I would suggest adding their functions to your coding repertoire!

Welcome to the forums!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 01:33
KALISTO - Welcome back and Welcome to the forums

zeroSlave - Missing the Einstein tag there...

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 19:38
I thought:

"'Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.' -Einstein" -Matthew Kelly, The Rhythm of Life: Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose (2004)

looked a little ridiculous.

Here is another great quote:
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 20:57
Bhahahahaha aww you almost made my day

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 19:14
Quote: ""The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln"

"Social media is the future and brings us all closer together" -Ghandi

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!" ~Tick

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:35:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:35:29