Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Repositioning character controller

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 18:55
Ok. I've tried many different "techniques" that I have found on here, but the answers never work. I need to reposition the character controller for such things as teleporters and respawn.

What I have tried, and the outcomes:

Deleting and recreating the controller-Crashes with a report stating that the character controller exists and can't be overwritten, even if I delete it!!!

Position Static Rigid Body-The controller is in NO shape or form a rigid body. And, just as I thought, the program crashes saying, "Rigid body with ID X does not exist," or something to that effect.

Applying forces to the controller-Applying forces is WAY beyond illogical, as I need an EXACT point to point reposition.

Ok. So, my question. Has anyone found a way to reposition the character controller anywhere you want it? Only post if you've run into this problem, or found a solution.

Thanks,
Amo.
Qqite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2013 08:14
DYN CONTROLLER SET POSITION (int controllerID, float x, float y, float z)

Ventures of the worlds around us are limited only by our imagination.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2013 12:40
He is using Dark Physics.

You could try Dark Dynamix:
Dynamix Free

I think the character controller will work just as you expect.

Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 04:40
Well, thanks Matty, but as I don't have $60 to spend, I've taken to programming my own character controller within Dark Physics. It'll take some work(but, when is programming not work. Am I right?). It's actually already beginning to shape together, a few more calculations and a few variable tweaks, and I'll have a solid base to work with. I'll also have control over which objects can push the controller, and which can't, as well as the other way around!

Thanks,
Amo.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:16:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:16:57