Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / cycle sprite images

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 09:18 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 17:48
hello all, can someone show me a code that cycles through images for my sprite using .Net VB not C++. I have about 30 png images. Or do I have to make a sprite sheet for this, Ive seen tutorials on sprite sheets but there all in C++, if there is a tutorial that is not in C++ can someone point me to it, Thank you ALL.
tehuti2999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2013 04:58
Well I manages to make a sprite sheet using Game Maker PRO, just need to know how to cycle through the images in DarkGDK.Net using VB code, can't use C# or C++, I already know how to do this in Visual Studio with just separate images, but never used a "Sprite Sheet" can someone help?
tehuti2999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 08:06
Made some strides lately, with a little tweaking I managed to use "madmunkey's" code to display the sprite sheet's image position and scale, Thank you "madmunkey" much props! Unfortunately their is no animation of the sprite, but I do see a ton of potential once this is completed. Before I used meimage = New DarkGDK.Basic2D.AnimatedSprite("Comp00.png", 1, 1), (don't thank me) which is pretty much straight forward if you just want to create a HUD display of your artwork or just us a .png file with alpha channels, dimming meimage as AnimatedSprite. But what if you need to animate your sprite or Huds? DarkGDK.Net VB can do this as well I'm sure of it. Appreciate help of VB coders, Holla if Ya Hear Me!
tehuti2999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 16:53
Nevermind, there's a example in the game creators folder, never saw it before, Thanks anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:46:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:46:12