Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sync making object disappear

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2013 22:39
If i run the following (also if i run it in a loop) it seems to make the object disappear. I thought sync updated the object to make it show up when its in a loop (its only displayed in code like this at the mo for the simplest version of whats going on).

Also while im here why is the object very offset and not seeming flat. (when i do remove the sync and can see it). I did after all position it so i would be looking straight down at it. It seems a bit off.
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 00:09
ok, that is a bit strange, the example you posted didn't render for me either, I guess the wait key command messes with it.

If you put sync in a loop It will render fine.

also keep in mind that the object center for planes is the center of the plane rather than the edge.

when positioning a camera at an exact position, it is a good idea to turn off autocam. The autocam will place the camera in the perfect position to view the object disregarding your position camera command.

another thing to note is that if you are using this plane for ground purposes, the plane when created doesn't face "down" when created. It will need to be x or z rotated 90degrees.

I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.
Somarl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 09:06
Thank you. I didnt think it was the wait key messing with it but thats ok because i dont want to use that anyway, it was just purely for testing while it wasnt in a loop.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 14:01
It's not wait key that's causing the issue, cause this would work:

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!" ~Tick
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 18:31 Edited at: 6th Feb 2013 18:33
Seems to work if you throw an extra SYNC in there...

D.D.
Somarl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 19:16
Quote: "Seems to work if you throw an extra SYNC in there..."

Lol thats funny. I wonder why it ignores one of them. Oh well, where there is a problem there is a solution, even if its a bit strange
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 20:44
I think that when you create a new object, it doesn't show up on the first sync. I don't really know why. I would assume that DBP does batch processing internally for it's 3d models for use with directx. Maybe when the object is created, it's not in the batch yet and isn't added until after the screen update?

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:08:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:08:37