Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [dark dynamix] material questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 11:42 Edited at: 8th Feb 2013 11:43
HI, I am trying to understand how materials are simulated by DarkDynamix.

Please watch this pic:

Since now I have some doubts about restituition and dynamic (and static) friction.

Can you tell me if these examples are right?
About the friction example, from what I think, the ball with an high dynamic friction value has a more high impact force then the pole suffer a more high impact and fall down hard.

If the ball has a little dynamic friction value so the pole suffer a little impact.

In the same way, if the pole has a high STATIC friction value so the pole result more stable and "heavy" when suffering the ball impact....
It is correct?..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 15:00
Changing the friction value does not alter the force of impact. Although a higher friction will lead to more force being transferred from the ball to the wall, this explains your results.

You have picked an unusual experiment to test out the effects of friction, rolling the ball across a surface will highlight the effects of different friction values.

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 12:27
Thank you Matty H, I made many materials tests and now it's all ok! moreover the materials matter is really similar to DarkPhysics so I have read some interesting threads about.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:25:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:25:51