Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2013 07:47 Edited at: 4th Mar 2013 16:54

Developer: Astech

Just FYI, both the ammo indicator and health huds are animate.

Synopsis:

Discover one man's terror as another dimension passes over into ours. In the year 2000 and with the new dawning of a computer-centric world, rifts will be shifted and laws defiled as a frequency of dark noise travels along the telephone land-lines and into your corporation complex.

Description:

This is a game layered into different sections of gameplay. It is meant more for an adventure-horror game then anything else. Yes, there will be hints to a backstory but up to you to find read-ables and learn about it. Use a tidy inventory system of my design to find objects and use them in certain instances. Fight corporate payroll commandos and a terror from the beyond. This is Noise.

INDIEDB:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/noise

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
danieleman
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh my god!

Your design is really good. This game looks like commercial game for me.Astech,Keep up your good work!

MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD LIKE YOURS.
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 06:07
This looks rather interesting.
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 06:41
Looks like a unity game that I've seen . . . possibly. Anyway looks like this game is set up to be atmospheric and nice and all that good stuff.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 10:39
It seems very interesting. I'm liking the visual style and the description you gave sounds cool. Are you still working on Escape the Silo alongside this or is that on hold or cancelled?

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 16:49 Edited at: 4th Mar 2013 16:52
Quote: "Are you still working on Escape the Silo alongside this or is that on hold or cancelled?"

All the work gone into ETS has been absorbed into this title. ETS is pretty much dead but more so because I don't like doing a dirty-styled game like I do an overall more "clean" game.

I felt like my trying to go about making a copy of something I sort of done before wasn't very innovative. I'm trying to go for something more appealing.

The story is still WIP but the synopsis in it's complete form is done. It's just a matter of blending it together into what will probably be a decent length game when talking FPSC standards.

Quote: "Looks like a unity game that I've seen . . . possibly."

If you can find it, I'd love for you to show me. I haven't based this off any other game story-wise. The levels I of course have taken some references from some older AAA games.

Quote: "Your design is really good. This game looks like commercial game for me.Astech,Keep up your good work!"

FPSC can make quality stuff. You get what you put into the engine. Thanks for the comments.

Quote: "This looks rather interesting"

I aim to please.

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2013 07:13
Quote: "If you can find it, I'd love for you to show me. I haven't based this off any other game story-wise. The levels I of course have taken some references from some older AAA games."

I did a little searching a found it, here it is: http://www.indiedb.com/games/one-late-night

The office style and lighting look similar in my opinion. But anyway

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The office style and lighting look similar in my opinion."

I've played that game before. However, this had 0% in influencing me. I got my level design ideas from some other games and I think the fact of each game being similar would just have to do with how both use a corporate environment.

This game doesn't take place on 1 level if you want to get into more comparisons. I'm even debating whether or not to axe the final level because it doesn't take place in the same building (as of now). It's still W.I.P and I'm keeping a steady pace about it.

UPDATE:

I'm going to shoot for some closed testing this weekend. After I do this, I may be open to letting a few people play the early version of level 1. I'm working with a few commands I'm sure may pose a problem if not fully checked.

Also, I'm thinking to showcase a video with my ammo hud in action, just for kicks. We will see.

Thanks for the interest.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 16:21 Edited at: 12th Mar 2013 17:40
EXAMPLE VIDEO OF IN-GAME COMPUTER SYSTEM ATTACHED:

UPDATE:

Testing showed some issues this weekend. I tested the game on two separate Windows 8 laptops with different specs. Both AMD and Intel processors were used. The Intel machine played the game around 60 FPS and loaded fairly quick but crashed when proceeding to level 2. The AMD machine loaded both level fairly slowly and dipped around 40-50 fps (but once again, did not crash and loaded level 2).

Surprising results indeed. I did note that with particle effects and such, an integrated graphics card of this generation is well within bounds to play a FPSC game. Windows 8 might be the reason level 2 did not load as expected because there was also issues with playing .avi files. Windows 7 plays them no problem while testing on my machine. I might have to note that players who own Windows 8 should download an .AVI codec pack. I would like to use .WMV or comparable but sadly, FPSC only uses .AVI.

I've also decided I might broaden the game a bit and do more diverse environments. I'm planning a Penthouse level alongside throwing in a couple more surprises. If you haven't checked my game out on IndieDB, you are missing out on other screenshots like the one below:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/noise/images/bio-dome

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! I'm loving your architecture, especially in the botany lab and bio-dome.

Story sounds a little a la Pulse/Ghost in the Machine, I like.
(uhh.. right as I typed that, our neighbors power line went down in an explosion of sparks... )

On that note, I can't wait to experience this title

I'm uh...I'm gonna go look up the nearest particle accelerator

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2013 01:58
Definitely one of the more interesting projects in a while; interesting premise that offers potential for some more unique events, than the usual run-of-the-mill zombie gameplay...and the even worse typical indie horror like Slender and the like, which is all over the place right now.

Here's to me hoping, that in the end the game will utilize this in a clever way.

Visual style looks solid and distinctive enough, it's tidiness definitely shines among the dirt-filled games which we all have come to known over the years.

Quote: "Story sounds a little a la Pulse"

Haha, I thought so too. Albeit I haven't yet seen this done in a game scenario so far, about time I guess.

-Doomster

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 20:29 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2013 01:24
I have been working on a more promising title but I'm ready to release some early alpha gameplay to the public. There are some bugs such as floating dynamic objects but if I continue with this game then they will definitely be fixed.

In the download link I will provide soon, be wary that intro scenes, audio, and other things are missing. This build was simply for testing purposes.

UPDATE:

Download Link

http://www.indiedb.com/games/noise/downloads/noise-early-alpha

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 16:33 Edited at: 6th Apr 2013 17:02
Played it as far as I could, but one problem prevented me from going forward. I'm gonna talk about it, but first the good:

The graphics. The graphics are great and really factor to the mood and the atmosphere of the game. And it's also really good eye candy. The detail is superb. The room with the plants and the grass on the first level looked great. It was probably THE greatest looking scene I've seen in an FPSC game. At least the most impressive in a long long time.

The sound work was good. It was minimal for the most part and I like that, but the sounds that were there, worked great. Especially on the second level the game got quite freaky with all the sounds and the little graphical scares I got to experience.

The inventory system was cool, although a bit confusing at first, since I didn't notice I had to use the file I picked up at the cabinet. I thought I could just press F1 whenever to use it. But that's just my fault, as the text clearly said what to do. I also liked all the usable stuff and the "investiagion" functions. Really added to the immerse of the game.

There are some bad parts to the game though. First I'd like to mention the life hud. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just that it doesn't fit here. It's not something that would ruin the experience and it's not THAT bad, but I thought that I'd still mention it.

You already mentioned the floating dynamic entities, which honestly I saw one (the crowbar), but then again I didn't get far in the game. But also, at the tutorial when I'm supposed to put the file into the cabinet, a grey square appears at the cabinet. This is what the player actually uses right? As the cabinet is a static entity. Just thought that I'd mention that it's not invisible, which is what I think you wanted it to be.

Now, why I couldn't go forward. I tried like 3 times, but I just couldn't use the laptops. Well, that's not really the problem as I COULD use them. It's just that I could NOT go back. When I start using it, I'm stuck and can't see a way to shut the computer down, like I thought that I had to. Then I try the internet button. Well, it works well, goes to the page and all. But now I'm stuck on that page and can't get back to the desktop. Same with the Sales file thing. That's the problem I was talking about in the beginning.

Overall, it's a nice promise, naturally there's problems (as it is an alpha) and I knew that going in. The only major problem is the laptops. They're a cool idea, but actually need to be properly functional. After all this I HOPE it's not my stupidity, but I tried everything with them and I was stuck for good. But if there's a way to work around that and it was just my own stupidity, then I'd like to know what it is I can do as I'm very interested in seeing more of this. Thanks for your time.

EDIT*
All right! I'm stupid! I wasn't even supposed to be trying to turn those off. Although, if they're gonna be there, there should be a way for me to get out from them, but anyways. Now I got through the second level and I would just like to add that it was great. The faces scared the hell out of me. And I found the guy in the bathroom. Funny stuff. Although, what happened to him, not so funny...

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 18:19 Edited at: 6th Apr 2013 18:21
Quote: "You already mentioned the floating dynamic entities, which honestly I saw one (the crowbar), but then again I didn't get far in the game. But also, at the tutorial when I'm supposed to put the file into the cabinet, a grey square appears at the cabinet. This is what the player actually uses right? As the cabinet is a static entity. Just thought that I'd mention that it's not invisible, which is what I think you wanted it to be."

Probably a random problem. I need something hidden for the player to interact with. I've seen other people post Let's Plays and the dynamic object never showed up. It is probably just FPSC toying with itself.

Quote: "I wasn't even supposed to be trying to turn those off. Although, if they're gonna be there, there should be a way for me to get out from them, but anyways."

Since it was only meant for closed testing, I had explained everything to the testers. If you press the Backspace button, it should close the laptop. Yes, there is supposed to be another hud that tells the directions but since this was never intended to go further then a few people, I didn't add it. Since I'm working on another project, I figured putting it out there for testing would be some good while it sits on the shelf.

Thanks for playing and maybe let me know if you used Backspace or not.

Quote: "First I'd like to mention the life hud. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just that it doesn't fit here. It's not something that would ruin the experience and it's not THAT bad, but I thought that I'd still mention it."

Well, I'd rather not use the old numeric huds and once you reach a certain level, you WILL need to know how much health you have. When you are facing the monster, it doesn't matter because 1 hit and the game ends. When you are fighting the other enemies, they can drain your health.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 13:47
Quote: " let me know if you used Backspace or not."

Ok, using backspace did work. I was certain I tried it, it's the most obvious button to use for the occasion, but for some reason I didn't press it.

Quote: "Well, I'd rather not use the old numeric huds and once you reach a certain level, you WILL need to know how much health you have."

I know, and there's nothing technically wrong with it. Maybe it's the heart next to it that kinda makes it look unfitting?

MintMarkus
Years of Service
User Offline
I've tried it - So far so nice, altough I couldn't get past the folder, since my F1 seems to not want to show the folder. ^^

If you find any solution, like perhaps changing the keys to something a little bit more fitting for universal keyboard, please do so - I really want to play this game.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 07:11
Quote: "since my F1 seems to not want to show the folder."

Did you go to the cabinet and press F1 there? I did the same mistake and thought it's not working. The idea is that you put the folder in the cabinet.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 23:48
Woah someone's actually using that gun?? dang XD Sorry just startled me for a second, good to see someone likes it (plus CPs anims must be amazing )

But anyways haha game looks pretty dece! Im gonna give the demo a play and Ill let you know what I think

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:42:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:42:50