Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Can someone help me get weapons and animations to another program? Need to know before I buy them.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I've used FPSC a while ago and still have some old hud.x stuff or the .dbo stuff converted to x with fragmotion. I'm thinking about buying more weapons but I'll use them in another program and maybe even another game engine. I use carrara and it imports .x fbx and b3d that is exported from fragmotion but the model and animations are messed up. .obj is fine but no animations in that format. I even downloaded an old blender that imports .x and its messed up too. (not sure why the new blender can't import much.) I use to have the free ms3d but hard drive crashed and now it's no longer free so I don't know if that works or not because I didn't know it was to expire and now that it has I cant even try it without a new OS.

If I buy the weapons I want to re-texture them for a special project. I would like to keep the animations. Does anyone know how to help with this? Need to know how to see how much work it will be before I spend anymore money. Thanks
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2013 14:29
Getting proper animation data from a xfile is pretty tough and non reliable. Getting them from DBO file is non existant.

Only thing I can think of is when you import them into fragmotion, look at the fpe file and take note of the frames at the bottom of the file, Select animation keyframes in fragmotion and scale them to the listed last frame of animation. This may get your animation back to being close of what the original is. I use 3d max to do this and the results are very spotty depending on how the xfile was created.

Unfortunatly, most times you will need to rerig the model and re animate and re export to xfile.

Kre8or
Years of Service
User Offline
They seem fine in Fragmotion. After I export from there into another format and try to get them into blender or carrara they are messed up. Not sure if I was clear and if your instructions still apply. If so that seems like a lot of work

I could have asked how do I get the .x or .dbo files into .dae or another animation format? That would have been better of me.
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2013 03:35
Try exporting and importing in FBX format. I believe most of the model programs have that option now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:35:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:35:54