Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Has anyone run into this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2013 22:46
Hi guys, been playing around with a personal game project, and ran into this issue with Bond1's Dante rig. When in game the character freezes as shown in the video. It freezes at the beginning of the first fall to floor animation. it hangs there until it takes enough damage then plays the final death animation.

Take a look.....

I'm thinking it may be a scripting error as there were issues with some of Bonds other character's scripts. Can some one help out please? Thanks!

Back from the Wasteland.
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2013 23:32
I'm not entirely sure as I don't have that pack. However it may be that the issue is related to how bond1 puts the death script in the main script.

The Viral Outbreak pack has similar problems, so the same deal might apply. Here's a link to the script fix thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195717&b=21

Again I'm not too sure but I feel the concept and the fix will still apply to dantes script.

By the way, awesome looking game you have there. I can barely tells its Dante. I haven't actually played Bioshock yet, but its on my list.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 02:32 Edited at: 17th Mar 2013 02:32
Thanks, checked that, and the scripts are totaly different, and I'm no good at scripting, and hoped maybe someone had a similar issue with this character, and had a fix already.

Back from the Wasteland.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 02:42 Edited at: 17th Mar 2013 02:43
It will be one of two problems-

1. The script is the issue and you need to alter to suit your version of FPSC. This has been discussed with some other characters as mentioned.

2. The engine (particularly your version) is the issue where the engine has a "moment" and can't seem to run the animations correctly. We've encountered similar issues in v1.17 with animations using a scroll map as an actual weapon. For some reason the engine does not recognize where a set animation ends or begins. I activate my scroll weapon and it appears- I want the left click to "unroll" the map, which it does perfectly but suddenly will "close" the roll. In my case, I've had to alter the source code to handle animations better, fixing a few blunders along the way to make my animations work better.

Either way, the best person to contact would be Bond to see if he has either an older script or can recall what was changed to suit the newer version.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 04:18 Edited at: 17th Mar 2013 04:18
Thanks Buddy. I'll try running it in a different ver. to see if that fixes it. If not, Here's a shout out for our friend "Flatlander". Bond1 is really hard to get a hold of at times.

Back from the Wasteland.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 04:41 Edited at: 17th Mar 2013 04:42
I had this guy rigged to Dante and had loads of problems just like that when he 'died'(he didn't fully die, you could still shoot him and blood would appear.)

But what I did do was-
1. Re-download the fixed version from 'My Products' circa March 28,2011 fix.
2. I imported the updated model into Fragmotion, deleted the model and texture and saved it as a .ugh (Fragmotions native file).
3. Then Cleared it.Imported my model already rigged.
4.Deleted the animation file
5.Merged the .ugh file I previously created which replaced the bones and added the new animation file.
6. Exported as a .x at 24 frames /second. and now he dies properly.

I don't know if it was a model thing or a script thing fixed but it works well now. Hope that helped.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 06:29
Cool! Thanks George. I'll drop you an e-mail.

Back from the Wasteland.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 20:38
Let me know by email if you are still having issues with it.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 22:38
Thanks Guys!

Back from the Wasteland.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 02:08 Edited at: 18th Mar 2013 07:57
got your mail will be giving it a go!

EDIT:Ugh this guy is just not wanting to die. i have tried everything I can think of down to rerigging him and altering the skeleton. Even the method I tried above doesn't want to work.
Although I will not give up on him.

"Who loves ya baby!"
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 09:07 Edited at: 18th Mar 2013 09:22
Quote: "this guy is just not wanting to die. i have tried everything I can think of down to rerigging him and altering the skeleton."

Just a thought but check the .fpe to make sure the die anims are in the right places and the frames are correct.
It looks like this originally called for a single or two frame anim before going to ragdoll and it may still be this way in the fpe.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 09:23
I used the same .fpe and same skeleton and animation as the model I have above and it still just wont die.I think it's got to do with some sort of export function. It's the same reason why you don't see any of my characters in the TGC store. For some reason they work on my computer as well as games but when TGC receives them they do nothing but stand there. I found a workaround so you will see allot more soon, but unfortunately it's not working in this case.

"Who loves ya baby!"
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 09:27 Edited at: 18th Mar 2013 09:38
Quote: "EDIT:Ugh this guy is just not wanting to die."

LOL! I Know. It about drove me to the point of insanity. Thanks for putting it through the grinder my friend. I'll need to come up with something else if I cant get this working. After all, what is Rapture without Big Daddys to battle?! I've got all the other characters working fine, and looking pretty good.

Rolfy: Thanks, will need to check that too. Say there Jim, is there an easy way to disable your dive helmet hud after youv'e left the trigger zone? I'm setting up duel airlocks that are at each end of the underwater area, and want to be able to disable the hud while outside the zone after exiting the 2nd airlock.

Back from the Wasteland.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 09:48 Edited at: 18th Mar 2013 09:59
I may try to alter a bsic zombie script to get it working propperly for ya; that or the mummy script.

EDIT: just tried a basic zombie surgeon on him, and he's still freezing on the death animation.

"Who loves ya baby!"
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 10:30
That's really wierd. I had also thought my .x file might be messed up due to export issues, But all of the splicer characters I rigged to Bonds mob zombies all work great. I used the same settings for those. So it's really got me stummped.

Back from the Wasteland.
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ cosmic i would love 2 see more of you game it looks awsome!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:00:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:00:44