Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 06:50 Edited at: 18th Mar 2013 08:20
i am a beginner. any suggestions will be appreciated.

You can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ie2gdxc3vk7p9ly

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 08:20 Edited at: 18th Mar 2013 08:21
Fantastic work for a first model. I myself use ac3d and my first model(s) didn't look half as well done.

Something I wish I'd learned when I started was how to use the extrude option (top right under mode), well actually I didn't even know it was there. But yeah if you learn to use that it will be your best friend. You can really make whatever you want to with it. (The first thing you can try do it with is use it to make an actual roof which comes out a bit)

I'm unsure if ac3d 7 comes with pre-built-in plugins, but check the /tools tab for "uv mapper." (I see you may have already found it) That will help you get more complex textures looking good on your model (when used in conjunction with the /tools/texture coordinate editor).

Anyway, you're off to a good start! I also recommend learning/using Photoshop for your textures (also remembering to give each single model only 1 texture, using the texture coordinate editor to allow this)

Poloflece

zubarkhald130
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks sir,

I will try to do your suggestions.

thank you very much

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 09:38
Looking good for a first model, my only real advice is to push yourself harder, get more detailed find out what you are really capable of. You have already taken the biggest step which is deciding 'I'm going to make 3d models'. A practice that many use n this forum is to offer their services to create models by request for free. This 1. gets you in good with the community and 2. it brings you request of things you may not have thought of and keeps you on your toes. Good luck and always good to see a new fellow artist around here.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Wheatleyy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2013 14:23
My first model was a box with a crate texture slapped on it! So huge congrats on this. Another point, not to be the party killer, but the rules require an in-game screen if you're providing a download. Other than that, no gripes with this first model, fantastic modelling.

Oh, just another tip, when you get more talented at modelling, come back to this model, re-make it and see the quality difference!

Well done,
Wheatleyy

THIS IS A SIGNATURE... TRUST ME... IT IS!
Lyonia Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 21:37
Not bad!

Lyonia 4 Life

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 00:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 00:27:30