Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Help with character lighting problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I'm sure this is a well-versed problem, but I can't seem to find any answers to it. I am trying to use the Viral Outbreak pack in my game, but every character shows up like it is in full ambient light, despite the ambient light level being turned down to 0. I have my Shader Effects set to full and Light Shadowing is at Best for Performance, but I'm still getting this problem. I also noticed the hands and gun of the player also don't react with the lighting at all. Any help would be awesome!

In Matrix, you bend spoon.
In Soviet Russia, spoon bends you.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2013 00:10 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2013 00:14
If you have a white light with a large range in your level then dynamic entity's (characters,weapons,doors etc) may be taking their lighting values from it, even if its in a corridor far off.

Before getting too complicated test the character by creating a small 5x5 floor and placing a single light with a small range next to it, you can mess around with a few lights and see what works best to get an idea of how to light levels to suit dynamic entity's you are using..

If you still have problems then its a shader issue but I doubt it as you say the weapon has same problem.

Its also a good idea to place a segment outside your level to force FPSC to rebuild lighting when testing this, you can remove this or move it around for each test.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried what you said but to no avail. I'm still getting the character and the weapon/hands being too bright for what the lights around them are dictating. They'll get brighter when in a light zone, but when they aren't, they're still lit up way too much.

In Matrix, you bend spoon.
In Soviet Russia, spoon bends you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 20:34:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 20:34:35