Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Creating Models On Mac?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My friend is wanting to design new skins (ie characters, corridors, and such) but has a Macintosh. So, I have two questions:

1. Is there a program to easily do this?

2. Would this program work on a Mac?

-Thanks
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2013 04:48 Edited at: 24th Mar 2013 04:50
FPSC does not run in OSX. If it's an Intel based mac, you can load and run Windows XP with serv. pack 2, using BootCamp, and boot the machine to windows, and run it that way with no problems at all. I don't recommend an emulator such as Virtual Windows or Parralels as they do not support the full capabilities of the graphics card. If your still using a Classic, or (legacy G5 or lower) system, your pretty much out of luck.

As modeling apps for OSX, You can download Blender, or Hexagon from Daz studios for free,( Both support .X file format with the use of plugins or scripts). These are also available for Windows as well, and can be run nativly in Windows Xp running (non emulated) on the Mac.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to drop me an e-mail and I'll try to get back to you ASAP. If you do, please allow for the fact that I get an ungodly amount of e-mails each day, and try to get to everyone as I can. Thanks.

Back from the Wasteland.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2013 13:04
wings3d works on a mac as well and is free.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:13:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:13:37