Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Red Unknown Contention Multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2013 06:28 Edited at: 28th Mar 2013 23:56

CONTENTION

Description - There haven't been any multiplayer games out here on these forums, so I decided to create one with a couple of friends. There is no storyline and my first project 'Red Unknown' I gave up on a while ago, so this is not related to it (Except by the title).

I wanted to make the multiplayer gameplay a little different than the original FPSC arena mode. I got rid of some features like username over player and I'm planning to re-make it and make it colorful/fancy looking.

The game comes with 8 maps and 3 game modes including : Free-for-all, Team Deathmatch, and capture the flag. We'll also add more game modes like Infected, etc.

Having people play a newly made multiplayer game is very difficult, so we are advertising as much as we can, to get as much players as possible.

Anyways, here is a little video a friend made while playing with his other friends. Thought it would make a nice trailer, so I uploaded it to Youtube. (A lot of changes to be made)

Old video taken down. New video coming soon....

This game will not be using the original multiplayer/arena mode engine. We are currently developing a major modification to the engine to make gameplay and connection a whole lot better. We aim to change aspect of multiplayer mode and show that FPSC multiplayer is not junk (unless modified).

More video gameplay and screenshots is sure to come.

If you wish to help us, click the link below.
HELP US OUT!

We plan to use some models not currently used in FPSC games -

And more..
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2013 07:55
I've never played FPSC multiplayer, only ever heard bugs about it. It's good to see someone doing another multiplayer game, I can only recall one other multiplayer game on these threads (that's just me however)

The trailer looks good, but level design feels a little plain. I know you say a lot of changes to be made, but one suggestion is possibly to inform the player of their kill. Unless this is purposely removed, ie. your style, but otherwise there should be something to say that 'you've just killed someone hooray!" or you know.

Maybe some more huds should be included, too. I don't know just stuff off the top of my head I know FPSC is very limited so best of luck making the most of it.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2013 08:54
Quote: "I've never played FPSC multiplayer, only ever heard bugs about it. It's good to see someone doing another multiplayer game, I can only recall one other multiplayer game on these threads (that's just me however)

The trailer looks good, but level design feels a little plain. I know you say a lot of changes to be made, but one suggestion is possibly to inform the player of their kill. Unless this is purposely removed, ie. your style, but otherwise there should be something to say that 'you've just killed someone hooray!" or you know.

Maybe some more huds should be included, too. I don't know just stuff off the top of my head I know FPSC is very limited so best of luck making the most of it."

I was planning on adding something like you said. You kill someone you get 10 points for example. And after getting like 10 kills a medal or badge appears on the screen saying something like "YAY!".
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 08:09
Well maybe 'YAY' was a little bit sarcastic, I'm just thinking of FPS multiplayers like battlefield and COD, they have points pop up after each kill.

Quote: "You kill someone you get 10 points for example"

Exactly, just a visual display of that.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
How are you planning on developing different game modes in the game? Since the basic multiplayer engine only supports deathmatch games.

In Matrix, you bend spoon.
In Soviet Russia, spoon bends you.
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 18:41 Edited at: 26th Mar 2013 18:42
Quote: "How are you planning on developing different game modes in the game? Since the basic multiplayer engine only supports deathmatch games.
"

The basic multiplayer mode only supports deathmatch, but we are developing a mod that will make this multiplayer a lot better than the original.

Features such as -
Scoreboard
Medals/Achievements
Saved Profiles
Multiple Game Modes and Maps
Ranks (Maybe)
A different and better looking menu
A lot of bug fixing
And more.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting and wish you all the best with the game.

How do you know who's who if you have no username.

Looking at the vid it don't even look in multi player mode to be truthful.

I be interested in seeing where this goes.

Best of luck s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 23:10
Quote: "Interesting and wish you all the best with the game.

How do you know who's who if you have no username.

Looking at the vid it don't even look in multi player mode to be truthful.

I be interested in seeing where this goes.

Best of luck s4real"

Thanks s4real! I took out the player's username out because a friend is currently remaking it.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 07:34
@PixelF, This is an interesting project, I'll definitely follow the progress on this. Heck, you could even count me in for bug testing if you want? I've never played an FPSC game multiplayer.

I would have to agree with s4real. In the video it looks like a few AI characters with DarkAI ally scripts assigned to them. Nonetheless, I wish you all the best!

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 20:59
Quote: "@PixelF, This is an interesting project, I'll definitely follow the progress on this. Heck, you could even count me in for bug testing if you want? I've never played an FPSC game multiplayer.

I would have to agree with s4real. In the video it looks like a few AI characters with DarkAI ally scripts assigned to them. Nonetheless, I wish you all the best!

Landman "

Thats a great idea! When we finish most of the game, we'll have you test it out with some other fellow friends.
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 22:35 Edited at: 1st Jun 2013 10:11

That was supposed to be a ACR model. Something went horribly wrong

http://pixeleater.me
General Discussion Forums
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2013 08:21 Edited at: 1st Jun 2013 10:10
And here is a video of two new rigged weapons.
*A quickly made map just to test out the weapons and I am not using the final mod.
[VIDEO REMOVED]

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 10:14
After months of hardwork on this custom modification for fpsc,
FPSC proves to be too "weak" for this game type. FPSC has too many bugs in multiplayer to get this game running smoothly.

The mod was running perfectly until 12 players joined and everything went down from there.

But the good news is, if FPSCR has stable multiplayer, this game will be continued.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:13:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:13:03