Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / mp 69 need some work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 22:05 Edited at: 26th Mar 2013 22:06
ok so i bought mp 69 and i was playing with it here is a small list of my problems!!!!

#1 the characters look wet and shiny and during reloads when you see the characters hand and arm it looks like hes wearing purple fingernail polish...

#2 the weapons are great minus a few issues first off the grenade only goes about 5 feet and takes a while 2 blow up u literally have 2 run from your own grenade toss....

then it seems like the guns will only hit the enemy at close range ive tried different scenarios on several occasions but the guns just do not shoot across the levels!!! for example i took the hangar level that came with mp 69 and set up some guys on the other side of the map which is fairly small and the guns do not hit or kill the enemys from that distance? i lowered there health to 10 and i used the m1 carbon riffle and a few others as i do not expect a pistol to kill from that far? ( im hopin there is gonna be an update for this pack so we can resolve theese minor issues thx) ps the ai on theese guys r great

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 22:19 Edited at: 26th Mar 2013 22:21
It is not the pack that is the issue, it is the engine (version) you use and how it handles the media when used. We have MP 69 and have no issues with it in our version of the engine. We know others have issues with other packs in the "latest" version of the engine and yet we have never encountered them.

The other thing to look at- the pack contains a "test" map. Unless you are opening it in the same "version" as the author used to design it, you will encounter some problems.

There are other areas to look at when it comes to media packs and the engine, but if you do not know the engine well enough then it would be pointless for me to list. As far as the pack, it works just the same as all other packs we have purchased/used and I fail to see what an "update" would accomplish. It is always easy to say "this pack needs an update", but it is not always the pack that is the issue.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 22:26 Edited at: 26th Mar 2013 22:26
well i agree for the most part and understand!!!! what update are you using with mp 69? im running update 1.19? and i am having thoose gun issues above were they do not take any damage from long range or medium range? the shaders arnt a big deal it just makes me laugh when i reload and see purple nail polish on the guys hand lol jk lls

i just want to solve the gun issues

Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 04:21
As for not being able to hit enemies far away, open up the gunspec files to each gun, and add the line "range = 100000" in the ;gunsettings. Do this to any weapon that doesn't kill far away targets. Keep in mind, the farther an enemy is, the weaker your shot will be, so at range it normally takes more shots to kill an enemy.

If the soldiers look "wet," you could either disable shaders or just assign them a different shader. You can search the forums here for more info on how to do so

Henry
Bad Company 2 FPSC X9 Remake Dev

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:54:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:54:06