Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How to Import Animated Custom Entities to FPSC

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 00:54
So I use 3D Studio Max to create all my entities and static entities. I'm trying to import simple test objects that animate but once I get them into FPSC they dont seem to want to animate. Even when I include information like:

;Animationinfo
animmax = 2
anim1 = 0,100

to the FPE system or even do a simple frame by frame animation in FPI:

:state=0:setframe=0,state=1
:state=1:incframe=0
:state=1,frameatend=0:state=0

My animation goes from 0 to 100 frames on loop in 3D Studio Max.

I use the Panda X exporter in 3D Studio Max. Is anyone else familar with this process to create animating models for FPSC? I could include my 3dsmax and x file if that helps (and fpi and fpe files).

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 01:30 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2013 01:33
Teabone

What script are you using because this might be the problem plus what does the animation do or what do you want it to do?

EDIT - The script and the way you list the animation frames in the FPE must work together.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "anim1 = 0,100

:state=0:setframe=0,state=1 "

Your trying to play animation 0, should be:

:state=0:setframe=1,state=1
:state=1:incframe=1
:state=1,frameatend=1:state=0

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 18:59 Edited at: 6th Apr 2013 19:39
hmm i changed the information in the FPI to that instead its still not animating. I'm wondering if its an issue with my 3dsmax export. Not sure.

All I have done is made the top part of a pole bend on loop. Just as a test. No bones though just used rotate.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 19:53 Edited at: 6th Apr 2013 19:54
Heres the PANDA .X export options. I think this is where the problem is but im not quite sure. If anyone is familar with this and could help that would be fantastic!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 20:52 Edited at: 6th Apr 2013 21:04
Could be a couple of things
1. Just noticed you say its vertex animation, use bones instead, vertex animation works in FPSC but it requires additional method.
2. You may have the animation numbered correctly but you also need to know that anim1, requires that you have animmax =2 in the fpe.

;animationinfo
animmax = 2
anim0 = 0,100
anim1 = 0,100

3.I use sampled and matrix in export settings for boned animations, optimise mesh-none, animation options-closed.

4. Try the following script instead its the one I use to test all my anims.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 00:29 Edited at: 7th Apr 2013 00:38
Okay I tested out with your code and settings. I think what I gotta do is just use bones. I've been avoiding it for a while and have only attemped to animate using rotate and pulling mesh points. But I guess the best way to go is bones and might help push me towards making characters too.

I'm going to see what happens with applying bones and rigging them which is new to me and I'll report back to see if it works. Its completely new to me so I'll be watching many youtube videos tonight :p

My original animation test looked like this (not fpsc ready and no bones)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIHppa4hGds

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 05:35 Edited at: 7th Apr 2013 05:44
Okay so I got a rigged model to work with bones in 3DSMAX. However... once I imported it to FPSC it was all completely warped and moved very slowly. lol This is a lot harder than I expected it to be.

Also noticed in the directX viewer it looked warped too.

Here's what it looks like in 3D Studio Max:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF1OMxcYWII

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 12:29
Okay so Ive gotten much better at using bones inside models as you can see from the following two videos (these are using 3dsmax biped):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qVSsMmv-0Q&NR=1&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-n4RxX0rFs

Looks all fine and dandy but Im still making some type of error when exporting to X from 3dsmax Panda exporter. In any x veiewer software the model looks completely warped, though its animating. The object looks just as warped going into FPSC. What am I doing wrong, Id really love to get into model making with animations.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2013 16:40
I bet its a very simple solution... I just can't for the life of me figure it out. I have searched the entire web

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:14:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:14:41