Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Free and easy weapons maker software? Or open source and easy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 04:45
Are there free and easy weapons maker? I know blender already,but its too hard to do. I have sketchup 8 free version with Xexporter plugins. I don't want MilkShape or 3dmax.

Want to make games.
TodeGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 10:59
Now I already have MilkShape 1.8.4 full version. But how do I make the weapons. Also hands too.

Want to make games.
vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 11:17
You just learn to use it, there's no easier way. Do not start with guns, because they are rather hard for first time modeler. And the result looks plain ugly. Begin with something easy, like crates. And of course, use tutorials. Blender has a lot more tutorials than Milkshape.

And seriously, drop sketchup. It might be cool for creating simple models, but when you want to get them into FPSC, UV-mapping is quite hard, because Sketchup creates some uneditable UV-seams, so the best answer is to redo model in other program in that case.

To my experience, 3ds MAX is the easiest one to use, but that's just my preference. Try different programs and stick with the one you like, and learn to use it. Only practice makes you good.

There really is no reason to NOT to do games.
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2013 05:16
Practice and patients and persistance is the only way to achieve modeling and animation. There is no easy free way except spend your money on model packs. Even if you buy models from someplace they still would need to be rigged for FPSC and animated to the specs that you want.

So if custom is what you want, you will either pay someone to do it for you or you will learn to do it for yourself.

Like Vortech said. Pick a program and stick with it. After a month or 2, it will become second nature to you.

Sorry.

TodeGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2013 10:28 Edited at: 5th Apr 2013 10:28
What programme should I use then?

Want to make games.
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2013 16:11
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=25468&b=3