Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Survival Add-On To Game In Development

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everybody, this is an add-on that I've been working on while I wait for one of my team members to finish writing the plot for the actual main game that I will be developing.

It's in the style of Nazi Zombies, and draws a lot of elements, but at the same time, I plan to make it different. Below I'll include a little box of the scripts that I am using and my progress on them.

Finished =
Work In Progress =
Not Started =

Health system that displays different levels of damage instead of a numeric value
Cash System for buying weapons, doors, perks, etc
Weapon Slots
Activate Power
Must get certain amount of kills to be able to win game
Perks (Armor, Speed, Bullet Damage, Accuracy)
Zombie AI
Waves

I'm planning to release one map at the beginning of the release and then continue to develop them over time and release them regularly. (1 map every 1-2 Months) I'm at a point in map design where I'm content with the basic geometry, and I am currently working on making it aesthetically pleasing. I am not far into this process, so it will need work, although I will post a couple screenshots of the highlight areas of this map. Keep in mind that the geometry might change slightly and that there is little decoration, if you will, to the level.

These are just random screenshots I took while I was testing the map, but you get the general idea. I'm also working on setting up the spawn points for the zombies and haven't added them in yet.

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz, Radeon HD 7850 2GB, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
Any kind of criticisms or suggestions are strongly encouraged, as I want to take as many ideas from other people as possible and implement them into the game. I find that the more interactivity with the community, the better the product. So please don't hesitate to post ideas to put into the game!

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Since your computer can handle it, maybe go into the FPSCreator root folder and open the Setup.ini and BuildSetup.ini files. Go to the lightmapping line and change it to your liking. It is probably at 5 right now. I would think with your system, you could get it higher.

Also, I see you have stares in your level. I'm not sure how that is going to work with characters. Usually when I have stares the enemy NPC's get stuck on this geometry; maybe you will have a work around though.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
I take it increasing the lightmap line changes the quality of the lightmapping?

I'm also going to remove the stairs from the level and put in a ramp I believe.

Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 16:13
Looking interesting, cant wait for more screens

gcraftr
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds and looks like a solid game so far and fighting Nazi Zombies is always good fun! Best of luck on your game and I look forward to playing it!
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work.More screenshots please.

The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
UPDATE:

I decided that I'm going to approach this game mode in a completely different direction than Nazi Zombies. Of course there are going to be zombies in it, and of course there will be a point system of sorts, but the game is going to be more of a first person tower defense type game, meaning that you will be in a small confined area and you are going to be trying to stay alive from the endless hordes of zombies.

You will be playing as the leader of a Marine squad who is investigating an area, and you will be detached from the rest of your outfit and you take shelter in a small bunker, and you have to survive as long as you can until either rescue comes, or you die.

There will not be buyable weapons at this time, but there will be buyable ammo and possibly perks (Not sure if I want to add them in now or later), and you will be buying ammo not with points, but with kills, so you're more inclined to conserve your ammo and to try to make every shot count.

I have been thinking long and hard about adding a personality to the character you will be playing as, but I am unsure at this time. Perhaps if I finish this and release it and it is popular amongst people and another map is requested, I'll really go all out.

If you guys have any comments or suggestions of any sort, please leave them here as I'm always looking for more creative inspiration! Screenshots of the new map will hopefully be up tomorrow!

Dida
Years of Service
User Offline
not bad.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it contained offensive text. Why? WHYYYYY !
The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted in this thread for a long time, but I haven't been working on this survival mode as much since I have started putting my efforts into the actual game that this will be accompanying. I will return to this project in the future, so if people are still interested, maybe you can post some new ideas that could make this game mode interesting!

The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
UPDATE:
I have just now realized how long it's been since I've put any effort into this project, and I have decided to reopen it and make it my first publicly available production. I am going to go about this mode in a narrative fashion, and am going to be starting a new thread for it in a short while so that it will be identified as a full game.

Link to the thread will be posted as soon as it has been made!!!

The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, here's the link to the new thread that I promised a while ago! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=207722&b=25

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:39:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:39:21