Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Allies climb stairs?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a way to make allies climb stairs? I've searched through the forums and the only way is through waypoints, but I was wondering if there was any other way. I've tried both Dark AI and Team 341 scripts, but both cannot go up stairs or up hills. But one thing I have noticed is that some enemy scripts like "pace.fpi" can allow an enemy to climb up and down stairs to the player and shoot it.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2013 08:58 Edited at: 16th Apr 2013 08:59
This is more of an FPSC chat question for future reference.

With Dark AI, you need to use waypoints, the trick is to make sure that the 'stars' showing the waypoints are aligned fully with the centre of the segments.

To demonstrate, I've attached a sample FPM with stairs using a T341 character (and enemy in this case, but it should work just as well for an ally). To be fair, the AI's, aren't always the sharpest tools in the box and some clever level design is required to get the best out of them, but I hope this helps.

SC

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:08:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:08:17