Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Trial Version Wont Work Errors: d3d9.dll Missing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi folks. I am here because I used to program in basic and have tried some other engines and saw ALOT of people talking about this one.

I have donwloaded the QuickStart Tutorial 8 - 2D Starfields.dbpro tuturial and after compiling and trying to run it I get "application has faileD" and the reason is this missing DLL. Am I missing something here? I tried running the penguin demo and got the same deal.

Thanks, dont come down to hard on the newbie. DarkBasic PRO looks very interesting and I look forward to trying it out and buying it.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2003 22:43
You need Microsoft DirectX 9.0b installed to use DBPro. Get it from Microsoft website, windows update or a magazine cover CD.

Boo!
Eman
Years of Service
User Offline
Much appreciated. Already feel good about this place. Over at the "other place" I was trying i got nothing but slack from forum members. I am not a directx MAN so that DLL I figured was part of dark basic.. thank you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:34:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:34:43