Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Tunnel's 8 (Wip)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 19:17
@wizard of id:That still didn't work, but what i did was make a copy of the stock ones and overwrite the file and that got the mesh in but the texture still isn't working, Thanks for the help anyway!

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2013 00:21
First new segment.Not sure about this one maybe a bit much, but the effect does looks epic, maybe let it repeat a bit less, but there is a stand alone, light support as well

Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2013 03:09
WOW!! that is some amazing segments wizard of id!

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2013 22:56 Edited at: 9th May 2013 22:56
Okay tried some thing new, not new per say, having used alot of angled wall metal support or any thing that needs to be place against the walls don't line correctly.

So trying to curve deform container, basically draw the curve straight down the angled wall and then select the straight mesh and deform it via the spine so it's angled 100% and line ups.

This is basically a test to see, how I need to edit it and such, then I can use it will all other meshes I want angled down the side of the wall at that angle.

I don't however like this mesh I want some thing a lot thinner and much much less polys.Light mapping at high setting it going to be a mission.The other option it to a invisible wall inside, with a extruding a wee bit to assist with collision.

However they do fit into the scene, so will keep them, and just make the one I want.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2013 22:12 Edited at: 10th May 2013 22:13
Finalizing the multiplayer map, the flow is nice, lots of hiding places, lots of jumps to get to, weapons and health.Perhaps a bit open.Added some stock assets and stuff to get a better feel of things, all things considered, looks even better populated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQVHKZEktpw
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2013 00:24
Neat, less poly's straight to the point.However need a set of greyish wall textures to fit the supports no biggie, have a texture set in mind.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2013 01:02
You need a more Y axis on your MP level, try cutting into the floor. Its very open and flat, the only Y axis is the platforms which look lost in a big flat space. Interested in how the pack develops, Ill keep an eye on this.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2013 16:43
Currently designing outside section that fits on top of the standard segment.Still a early concept, so changes are expected., started working on a bridge of sorts, decided on keeping it flat had a lot the surrounding area have a lot of pillars.

Original plan was adding a dome, on top of the structure, that however means you can't adjust the area in size.But considering it takes 12 x 12 segment, I am going to do a massive metal dome.

Estimated time is at least a week.Right now it doesn't look like much, just wanted to give some idea, what I have in mind.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2013 19:44
Hmm anything you think will add to the pack nicely I would do WOI. I can't wait!

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2013 20:05
Just a bare quick collision test, also helps to get a feeling, for it those pillars needs to go,will start testing, I think more metal.

The blue metal supports came out perfectly.

I see that I going to need to add a lot of detail, other that the standard panels I add for the ceiling and walls.Lots and Lots of metal I think

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2013 21:59
Done !
Sticking with the metal theme.Now the dome

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2013 00:59 Edited at: 12th May 2013 01:01
Reminds me of an oilrig, Ive seen various pipe packs, If they fit on I'm tempted to build an oilrig level. I played Angelhearts Unreal
Tournament DM-BigRigUT a lot back in the day. Perhaps Ill make this into a mk2. Submarine base, its got that look as well.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2013 01:14
Quote: "Reminds me of an oilrig, Ive seen various pipe packs, If they fit on I'm tempted to build an oilrig level. I played Angelhearts Unreal
Tournament DM-BigRigUT a lot back in the day. Perhaps Ill make this into a mk2.
"

Will have to see, not pulling this off to my liking might dump it and start out again, just a too large an area for FPSC to handle, it's more suited to if I were making my own level, for example.

Going to take a break for a few days, plays some games, get a feel again for the direction i want to go and work on the MP map.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2013 17:21 Edited at: 12th May 2013 17:37
got a good looking dome, but not any where near the size I needed to be, need it 3 times this size, simply impractical for FPSC.

So I am ditching the whole outside idea completely.Going to move to cave segments.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2013 01:40
Dome reminds me of Mad max thunderdome arena.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:15:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:15:25