Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Blender question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2013 21:55
Hi guys. When i create a model in blender it looks really good i made wooden table. i converted it to X. file used doomsters model maker i found it in-game and maan it looked so bad. the quallity wasn't that great as it was in blender any solution or why it is like that. 2nd
I haven't been able to find a video but is there any-way for me to place more than 1 texture on a entity like if i wanted to make a bed. and i wanted to give the pillow a white texture while the bed should be oak'ish do you know how to do that ???

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
CID
Years of Service
User Offline
Tereith:
I have that prop think its just me since I also am new at modeling
This gal has some good tuts

http://www.youtube.com/user/vscorpianc?feature=watch

Tereith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2013 22:14
Ah thanks man i'm going to look into it

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Tereith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2013 22:22
anyone know how to apply more than 1 texture to a item and still get it to work inside fpsc?

CID
Years of Service
User Offline
Try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB79dZHp-vA

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2013 14:47
You don't need to have multiple textures to have differences in the model.

I would advise looking at UV mapping. It's a bit confusing at first, but, as soon as you get your head around it, you will find it relatively easy. It's very time consuming getting the UV's right to avoid stretching, but, done properly will yield the best results.

Either that, or make the pillow a separate model and texture that, then place the pillow on the bed in the editor.

Unfamillia

Tereith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2013 15:09
thanks guys. btw Unfamillia i tried the second thing you say. But i got 2 textures png files but i can only allow 1 texture in the model maker from doomsters so that's bad luck

Troutflies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2013 19:58
What you need to do tereith is first go to http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/06/16/creating-a-lowpoly-concrete-barrier-part-02/

Watch the tut, it explains UV mapping.

Lets say you want to apply textures to a cube. You want each face of the cube to have a different texture. But as you said the entity maker only allows you to use one texture. As you will see in the video, that uv mapping lays the 3d object flat called unwrapping. this is you UV map, Now you apply which textures you want on each face. You need a third party tool to do this like Paint.net,gimp,photshop. When you have all your textures placed. You make a single texture with all the textures then apply it like a quilt to your cube.

Also your going to want to try and work with TGA and DDS files with FPSC.

Blender is funny, youcan fumble around with it and not quite understand it. But one day you'll see something or do something and it will start to make sense. The above tut did it for me.

One more thing you can find great free textures @
[href]cgtextures.com[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:50:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:50:50