Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Who remember S.E.U.C.K. for C64?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 12:11
From the C64, I'll like to see a remake of Turbocharge, Mayhem in Monsterland and Uridium.

Mirrors are more fun than television. Well, that was fun, in a not-so-fun sort of way...
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
C64 ...DELTA. That was my second favourite to Elite.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 13:19
Yeah, they could make awesome updates of Midwinter and Carrier Command for the PC, with multiplayer modes etc they could very well make me wanna buy PC games again. Put simply, I love FPS games, but I only play them on the X-Box on multiplayer - because single player FPS games are so mind-numbingly similar that I can't get into them anymore, co-op modes enhance gameplay a great deal for me. If we had multiplayer games with more freedom, I'd invest in broadband and join the 21st century.

The most original FPS game I ever played was Corporation on the Atari ST (by Core Design), the controls were stupid, it was slow - but it had this freedom element that made it totally cool. For example, in a modern PC FPS, to pick a lock, or do anything - its usually a case of pressing a button until a little bar goes up. Yawn. In Corporation, you had keypads, and a little digital number display, you'd have to click on the buttons with the right combination to open the door - either by finding it out, or you could overlay a lockpick thing that cycled through all the numbers for you, or you could try and guess the combo yourself. I love gadgets like that in games, it even had a hologram viewer - you'd put in a hologram image and try and get clues from it, like in Bladerunner. I miss that stuff, I miss having to draw maps and work things out mentally, it makes it so much more rewarding when you finish a game - it's like the challenge is gone and if there was anything like that in a modern PC game it would get slated as bad gameplay.

Van-B

I laugh in the face of fate!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 13:53
You play FPS on a XBOX? How on earth do you aim quickly and efficently without a mouse ?

Mirrors are more fun than television. Well, that was fun, in a not-so-fun sort of way...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 14:12
Extremely easily!

I often hear that from PC gamers, but really - when you practice, your just as quick and accurate with the control pad. I reckon being a Dreamcast fan helped with the X-Box controllers, but the 2 analogue movement and aim system suits me fine. The thing that most people forget is straffing to aim. If your sights are a bit off, it's much easier to straffe to the side and fire, or aim and straffe until your on target - so the slower aiming is catered for by the much more accurate movement, considering that those ASWD keys and arrow keys are digital, but an X-Box analogue for movement is much more precise.

It's funny though, if you watch the Osbournes, Jack always plays his FPS games with that little clitoris mouse on his laptop - never understood how he could stand that, people should stop laughing at console FPS fans and start laughing at thinkpad fans instead .

Van-B

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 15:04
I laugh at both...

heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Van B, a clit mouse? Well I never...
I've always thought computers were sexless.

The more you see, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you see.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 18:26
Yeah!

The little red dot's on Thinkpads that some people try and use to move the pointer .

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/user/tp/trackpt.gif

Van-B

heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
I knew what you were referring to, it's just that I never would have thought of it in that way.

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 00:58
Anyone remember FOFT? If anything came close to Elite (ie. best game of all time TM) then this was it.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 12:35
FOFT ? What on earth is that ?

Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 12:39
SEUCK, cool, had that on my Amiga, in-fact, still got it. Ah, happy days There was a brilliant remake of Smash TV made using it.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 12:50 Edited at: 4th Dec 2003 12:59
FOFT = Federation Of Free Traders. There was also...The Great Space Race, which was written in standard basics! It was expensive too! It was so bad that I took it back to the shop where I bought it from, and told them that somebody had already bought it me for Christmas. Man that had to be one of the worst commercial games ever!

LOL! I just found it in a Toady Awards page for worst games ever! There wasn't anything about it worth posting though.

Pincho.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 12:56 Edited at: 4th Dec 2003 13:20
Never heard of the game...
Did you play The Human Race of the C64 ? That was very, very, VERYhard (and pretty poor too).

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Well at least Rob Hubbard made the music for the Human Race which is one thing.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 13:20
Yes - that was the only good thing about it... There were some really terrible games for the C64, especially in the early years

JSN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 18:30
Quote: "FOFT = Federation Of Free Traders"

Amazing game...!

-----

~ J ~
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Anybody here ever play M.U.L.E. on the ATARI 800?
Great, and I mean GREAT 4 player 4 simultaneous joystick action during the trading sequences! No other platform's version could touch it.

And the other nice 4 player games like WARLORDS and BASKETBALL. Well folks those days are coming back. We'll all be at home playing over the web.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 19:50 Edited at: 4th Dec 2003 19:51
Well I've never played more than 2 simultanious players on any game, but on Pinball fantasies I played 5 players taking turns. I just got it the other day on WINUAE but I can't get WINUAE to work. It keeps asking me to insert a floppy!

Pincho.

Edit: Oh yeah I played Double Dash the other day with 3 players.
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Which floppy is it asking for?

It's been a while since I've uesd WinUAE since until recently I had a real Amiga hooked up. Now my 1084 is failing

I think you insert the floppy with a function key in the front end UAE interface.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It just says no floppy in DF0
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 02:06 Edited at: 6th Dec 2003 02:07
If you dont have a kickstart file the Amiga will think it has no ROM chip installed, believe it or not, Amiga's will still boot without one! Unfortunately what it then expects is a floppy disk with a kickstart file on...

Once you have that you then need to either setup a hard disk by installing workbench to a virtual directory (create the virtual directory in WinUAE before starting the emulator - dont forget to make Work and Workbench partitions) and then installing the Workbench from floppy images. I have Workbench 3 in disk-file format specially for this purpose.

However you can skip the hard disk stage if you like and goto http://www.back2roots.org and download floppy versions of games. You will still need a kickstart ROM, but you can use the disk-file images from Back 2 the Roots to boot up into games.

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Jaybee's Amiga In A Box
Works very well (except for my best Amiga program).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:46:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:46:18