Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / which format for showing explosion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello friends,
I am making an FPS in which i am using all files of .dbo format, including map. I need to show explosion ,i tried using .x file but its not showing, which format file am i supposed to use for explosion in 3d.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
You will have to create particle effects in another program and find a way to import into GDK OR create a plane and give it an animated texture with the explosion and face it towards the player. Option 2 is much easier but won't look as good, although it is possible to pull off decently.
saurabh
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there not any particular file format like the .X format file or similar which i could include with .dbo format map
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Explosions are special effects, you have to program them into your game. You could include them by creating a file along with your .dbo map that contains the explosions name and positions, you would load that data into your game and create the explosion effect from there.

Check out Magic Particles, it is a particle engine with a GDK wrapper: http://www.astralax.com/projects/particles/dev
saurabh
Years of Service
User Offline

Iam getting the following error while building the GDK with FPS particle while integrating GDK Wrapper.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to add the libaries to that wrapper to your project settings.
saurabh
Years of Service
User Offline
Sir, i tried linking all libraries but it work fine under release build with no errors,but my game works only under debug mode and it shows the following error

can u suggest me any other particle engine which works with ".DBO" as format file which i am using as a map in my project....
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2013 16:21 Edited at: 22nd May 2013 16:22
.DBO file is a 3D mesh, it is a collection of vertices and lines and faces. To add an explosion you must program them into your game. If you want to add them in an editor create your own or find one that supports entities. The entities won't be included in the .DBO, they will usually be in another file you have to parse seperatly.

How are you making your maps and explosions?
saurabh
Years of Service
User Offline
I am making my map in .dbo format and for Explosion i am trying Spark Particle but showing following error

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:27:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:27:59