Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A few Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't had time to actually get onto my other PC and play with DB Pro since buying it, so I'm going through the two manuals at the moment, to familiarise myself with the language. A few questions that I have so far :

1) How many textures can you apply to an object? I see multitexturing is supported, but how many?

2) How many UV sets are there per object? I believe the .x format only supports 1 UV channel, but I can write a loader for another format, if necessary.

3) I can't find any commands to create an object ( apart from the primitives, terrains, matrices, etc ) What section should I be looking in for dynamic mesh creation?

4) I can find commands for getting the videocard's ability to do things like AntiAliasing and Anisotropic filtering. But I can't find any commands to enable them. Again, what section of the commandset manual should I be looking in.
Amon_
Years of Service
User Offline

Hi!!! Im new here to.. Im waitin for someone to answer your post ga..oops sybixsus..

Im a noob....Deal with it
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2003 22:26
1) I am not sure, but I have applied 3 texture maps to an object before

2)Once again, for most objects I have 2 UV's on them. I model them and save them as .ms3d, then UV map them then export them as .x

3)Look around MAKE MESH FROM OBJECT

4)When you open up DBP press F1, go to Commands, then Basic 3D and look under Availability commands. If thats not what your looking for (they will return a variable if the thing specified is available) Then try looking under appearence commands in DBP with commands such as SET ALPHA MAPPING ON

Cheers

RPGamer

Dont forget to Join the Forums!
sybixsus
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanks for the info. I can't see myself going beyond three for now, so that sounds good. I can't find the commands you refer to in the printed manual, so I guess I'll have to wait until I can get onto my other PC and read the online help. I should have figured that there would be a lot of new stuff added since the manual was printed really, but I was hoping to get a head start.
sybixsus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2003 19:13 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2003 20:01
Ok, I found a command called Make Mesh From Object. but that doesn't seem to be the command I'm looking for. I want to create my mesh in code. So triangles and vertices? Or quads, I suppose, but videocards work in tri's, don't they?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:38:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:38:01