Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] New Community Project

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2013 18:27
I agree with Black Fox. How about this pack Willow and Cosmic have some fun and we follow and support it in any way we can?

That seems fair for those two. They Deserve to have some fun.

PAIN!

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2013 19:08
Quote - what that there be that there texture filter whatnot -
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/10027.html
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/227.html
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/10444.html
Other companies make filters as well.

Using an image filter can standardize the work, plus it means everybody can contribute anything they have ever made in the past.
how - just run the texture filter over the diffuse and its an instant new cartoon object.
Makes the potential for the pack to be the largest, as new items dont actually need to be made, merely contributed with the new texture added.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2013 00:12
I've tidied this thread as we all know where it was heading. Please keep it civil guys.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2013 00:34 Edited at: 18th May 2013 02:38
Puzzles and traps, I think fpsc is great for rpg elements (pk 54 was a step in the right direction). Even though its sold as a shooter game, I think it suits the former better.

Or how about a minecraft style pack, its just an idea, Im not dying for it, I just make suggestions, its an ideas thread I like my selfish niche wants, but I also like things that are popular that people will play, even the MC 'clones' get tons of play. Hold on I just said selfish. Cthulhu, I love that, though lots of people on the boards are doing a great job of that theme.

We could make a pack based on an art style or an artist, I vote surrealism. how about Cthulhu + surrealism = the art of Wayne Barlowe and Zdzislaw Beksinski or even Yang Xueguo. Google image them you wont be disappointed. Surrealism meets Hell!
Ill contribute skyboxes for that that will blow your socks off and tickle your pinkies.

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2013 18:42 Edited at: 18th May 2013 18:45
Well it's been a good while, but nothing marks a good return to the forums then to produce some media for a community pack. You decide the theme and I will see about whipping up a bit of media for it.

~Gamer X~

oxid
Years of Service
User Offline
another great contribution !

it will be a free pack or not ?

thanks a lot.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2013 08:13
So we are making a Cartoon themed pack right?

XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2013 18:15
if we make a cartoon pack, we probably have more contributors than if
we make a pack with other themes

lets go for cartoon pack!

-XDwannesXD
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2013 19:43
Cosmic will likely confirm the theme in this thread within the next week, or even couple of days, and then start up a new thread for the project itself. I'm not speaking for him, just stating that that's what'll probably happen.

Hell, he might even straight up make the thread without an announcement or further discussion here, it seems to be pretty clear that it's a cartoon themed pack. While I'm unlikely to contribute to this pack (I generally dislike cartoons/ cartoon style) I wish everyone luck that does contribute, and of course will still be eager to see what everyone comes up with.

I'd also like to remind everyone about the still on-going Modern Warfare Community Pack 2, being hosted by my good friend Poloflece. It could use a lot more attention, because it really isn't living up to what it should be. Without saying too much, some talks have been happening about merging this pack with another popular unreleased pack. Without more contributions, both packs are increasingly likely to not be released at all. I encourage all of you to come over and help pump some life back in to the pack! You can find it at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=202862&b=24&p=0

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2013 20:35
Quote: "it seems to be pretty clear that it's a cartoon themed pack. While I'm unlikely to contribute to this pack"

I dont think its clear, some just make more noise than others, (Id like to thank one of them for the anomalous sexualised PM rant, fur coat no knickers as my grandmother would say, funny how people show themselves in public and what they really are in 'underneath' in private.)
Your last comment sounds like divine providence, a rod for the backs of others perhaps? Id keep the thread open if I was Cosmic and encourage many more views from more variety of other users, or more input from those that have already initiated interest. I think it has a fair way to go yet for successful collective group effort.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2013 02:49
Quote: "I dont think its clear, some just make more noise than others,"

Yes, I was saying that based on the interest in the cartoon theme. It's definitely overwhelming. I was also saying that based on something Cosmic himself said earlier in the thread.
Quote: "Hi guys, Well it seems that the Cartoon style theme is in the lead, so to speak"

Quote: "Your last comment sounds like divine providence, a rod for the backs of others perhaps? "

I'm not sure what you mean by this. When I said I was unlikely to contribute (if its cartoon themed), It's because I don't really like the theme as much as I would other themes. I'm already very busy with another project outside of FPSC, and wouldn't take time away from it to contribute to something I do not like.

Quote: "Id keep the thread open if I was Cosmic"

By that comment, I was stating that when the theme is decided, I doubt that this thread will be the thread that gets used for the pack, submitting contributions and what not. After all, this is a discussion thread, and not the thread for the pack itself.

I too would like more input to be given before the theme is decided, mainly because I am holding out for some other theme. Though I don't think much more fresh input will be given, as it seems nearly every last active member of this community (at least from the 'golden ages') is already a part of this discussion.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd personally want to vote against a cartoon pack, as while it sounds fun, I feel it has less overall use to the community as a whole.

Whatever theme is chosen, I'll contribute a script pack as promised, but would prefer something a little more generic.

SC
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 19:11
Thanks Guys for your input, and ideas. I'll make a choice, and start a new thread.

Mods. This can be locked, Thanks.

Back from the Wasteland.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:41:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:41:24